LBPD Response and Protocol Adjustment
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The LBPD is committed to the health and safety of the community we serve, and to our officers and staff. As a response to the recent COVID-19 situation, and in an abundance of caution, the LBPD has modified some response procedures to limit exposure and to mitigate COVID-19 issues as much as possible in the policing atmosphere.
Some of the changes you might notice are:
1. If you are reporting a non-emergency incident, the officer may contact you by phone to collect all the information.
2. All emergency calls, calls that require on-scene investigation or require the collection of physical evidence will receive an in-person response. However, if we respond to your home, business or other location, we may ask you to meet us outside to make the report.
3. At the police station, we may elect to speak with you through the lobby glass rather than stepping into the lobby. If privacy is a concern, we will find another method to receive the report.
4. Fingerprinting for all reasons other than those required because of an arrest are suspended.
5. Police station tours are suspended.
6. We are working with CRIMEWATCH Technologies to develop a method to receive minor crime and other incident reports through the website.
7. If you are sick or suffering flu-like symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19, please do not come into the police station and if officers must respond to your location, please tell the dispatcher if anyone there has these symptoms.
This is an ever-changing situation and the LBPD is working with key stakeholders to ensure we are meeting the needs of the community. Any changes to response procedures will continually be communicated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work together in the interest of public health and safety!
# # #