Block Parties



Manheim Township does permit permit block parties and neighborhood gatherings, which temporarily closes a local, municipality-owned roadway.  In order to host such an event, a completed Request to Close Street Petition is required to be submitted to the Manheim Township Police Department Patrol Administrative Sergeant for review and approval.  All petitions must be received no less than two weeks prior to the event.  Incomplete applications or those submitted less than two weeks prior to the event will be denied review.

Petitions may be mailed or dropped off at the police station during normal business hours.  Approved events require official barricades and cones to be used to close the street.  NOTE: The Manheim Township Public Works Department does charge a fee for the use of barricades and cones.

Please refer to the Request to Close Street Petition listed below for more information, or contact the Patrol Administrative Sergeant at 717-569-6401 Ext. 1548 or via email by clicking this link.

PDF icon Request to Close Street Petition