Frequently Asked Questions
- When are the 15 minute parking zones in effect?
- Does the Borough provide the following applications?
- Is there a fee to get my dog back if he is picked up by the police?
- Do we provide fingerprinting for immigration or employment purposes?
- Is there an ordinance concerning barking dogs?
- Does Ephrata Borough enforce a curfew?
- What is the law concerning car seat use?
- Can I skateboard and ride bike downtown?
- Is a license required to ride a bicycle in the Borough?
- Where am I permitted to skateboard and ride bike?
- Where do I pay my parking ticket?
- Where do I pay for my citation?
- What are the parking meter hours?
- Does the Borough sell dog licenses?
They are in effect twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
Does the Borough provide the following applications?
* Drivers manual - yes
* Parking placard applications - yes
* Disabled license plate applications - yes
* Criminal history check applications - yes
* PA child abuse history clearance applications - yes
* Change of address applications - yes
Yes, the Borough charges a $15.00 fee for the return of your pet.
Immigration: No, please follow the instructions on the paperwork you received from the immigration office.
Employment: Yes. There is a $25.00 fee.
Yes, the Borough does enforce an ordinance. Please report any disturbances to the Police Department at 738-9200.
Yes, the Borough curfew is as follows: Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am and Friday and Saturday from 12:00 am to 5:00 am.
All drivers transporting children from birth to age 4 are responsible to restrain those children in an approved child passenger restraint system anywhere in the vehicle. All drivers transporting children from age 4 years to 8 years are responsible to restrain those children in a seat belt system and appropriate child booster seat anywhere in the vehicle.
There is no bicycle riding and no skateboarding permitted on the sidewalks in the Central Business District (CBD) as defined in the Zoning Ordinance or shown on the zoning map.
No, the Borough does not require you to have a bicycle license. However, you can license your bicycle for a charge of $2.00 at the Ephrata Police Department during normal business hours, 8:00am - 4:30pm. Should you lose your bike, the registration will assist the police in locating the bike.
Skateboarding is also permitted on the sidewalks outside of the Central Business District (CBD) but is not permitted on the street anywhere in the Borough of Ephrata. Bicycle riding is permitted on the street in the CBD and the street and sidewalk outside the CBD.
You can either pay by mail, drop it off at the Borough's Business Office Monday through Friday from 8:00am -p 4:30pm, or drop it in the night deposit box located near the flagpole at the front of Borough Hall (124 S State St.).
Citations must be paid at the District Justice's Office located at 609 East Main St., Ephrata. The phone number is 717.733.8688.
Meters are in effect in the central business district from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Saturday. Sunday and Holidays are free.
No, dog licenses can be purchased at the Ephrata Agway at 1731 W Main Street in Ephrata.