BIKE SAFETY TIPS
Now that school is out chances are if you have children they will be out and about and riding bike more often.
For their safety and those around them please review some basic bike safety tips to avoid any unnecessary injuries.
- Always wear a helmet when riding bike (or anything with wheels)
- Wear bright colors or reflective clothing to make sure you are seen
- Ride in the direction of traffic
- Obey traffic laws - Stop at all stop signs and stop lights (until green)
- Don't call or text while riding and keep at least one ear free from a headphone
- If you have to ride at night, make sure you have a headlight and taillight
- Yield to pedestrians, they have the right-of-way
- Watch out for pot holes, glass and gravel
SBPD hopes your children have a safe and enjoyable summer break!