On Monday, April 1, 2019 at approximately 1814 hours, Manor Township Police were called to the 3100 block of Blue Rock Road for a report of a head on collision. Officer Andrew Long responded to the scene and observed two vehicles with severe front end damage. The driver of unit #2 had to be taken to Lancaster General Hospital where emergency surgery was required. A juvenile in the same vehicle also required surgery. The driver of unit #1, who is also the defendant Ardis Goldsborough, 36 yoa female also sustained serious injuries.
Officer Long then began a lengthy investigation with the assistance of Officer Clay Smoker, who is an accident reconstructionist with the Manor Township PD. As a result of this investigation, Officer Long has brought the following charges against Ardis Goldsborough.
1. Two counts of Aggravated Assault by Vehicle while D.U.I.
2. Driving Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance (General Impairment)
3. Driving Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance -Metabolite
4. Two counts of Careless Driving- Serious Bodily Injury
5. Driving on right side of Roadway.
6. Restraint Systems
7. Meeting vehicle proceeding in opposite direction.
Officer Long then obtained an arrest warrant for Goldsborough, who turned herself in for arraignment on the above charges. A booking photo is not yet available.