UPDATE TO MANHEIM TOWNSHIP ACTIONS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
NOTICE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE MANHEIM TOWNSHIP COMMISSIONERS
9:08 A.M., FRIDAY, MAY 8TH, 2020
The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners continue to take precautionary measures and actions in response to the ever-changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As the Commonwealth and the Township begin to plan for re-opening of services, the following are updates on Township facilities and services:
- Manheim Township (as well as Lancaster County) remain in the Governors RED phase for re-opening, now in place until June 4, 2020
- Declaration of Local Disaster Emergency – The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners have officially executed a Local Disaster Emergency, coinciding with the Federal, State, and County declarations, which will remain in-place until rescinded by the Board of Commissioners
- Manheim Township Municipal Office – The Township office located at 1840 Municipal Drive remains closed to the general public. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. Some employees of the Municipal Office are currently not working, while key employees may be working from home. Please contact the Municipal Office at 717-569-6408, every attempt is being made to respond to voice mails and emails.
- Manheim Township Police Department Lobby - The Township police department main lobby located at 1825 Municipal Drive has re-opened effective May 4, 2020. The general public can enter the lobby, following posted social distancing guidelines, in order to conduct business with the police department.
- Manheim Township Compost Park – The Township Compost Park located at 2775 Oregon Pike was closed on Saturday April 11 and will remain closed until further notice. Those residents with garden plots are still able to access the garden plots, however there are no water facilities until further notice.
- Manheim Township Public Library – The library was closed effective Monday, March 16th, 2020. This closure includes the cancellation or postponement of all programs and activities within the time frame indicated. The library book-drops are closed and locked at this time.
- Manheim Township Recreation and Park Planning Department – Recreation and park planning facilities were closed effective Monday, March 16th, 2020. This closure includes the cancellation or postponement of all programs and activities within the time frame indicated. This also includes the preschool program at The Boettcher House. This also includes the Stauffer Mansion office. Please call 717-290-7180 for information on deadline extensions or other questions.
- Overlook Golf Course – The Overlook Golf Course located at 2040 Lititz Pike re-opened effective May 1, 2020, as allowed by the Governors directive to reopen golf facilities. View the golf course website for specific instructions on how to reserve a tee time and utilize the golf course. THERE IS NO WALK-UP BUSINESS PERMITTED AT THIS TIME. Strict social distancing guidelines are in place. The driving range facilities remain closed.
- Manheim Township Office of Code Compliance – With the Governors directive to allow the re-opening of construction activities effective May 1, 2020, the Code Compliance inspectors have resumed work as appropriate, while following social distancing guidelines.
However, as the Municipal Office remains closed, Permit applications are still being accepted electronically. All pertinent forms and submittal guides can be located on our website. Plumbing, mechanical, electrical and certificates of use and occupancy permits may be applied for and paid online through our permit portal. To access the portal please visit, https://cityview.manheimtownship.org/CityViewPortal
Building permits may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to: Code Compliance 1840 Municipal Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601. Please ensure that you received notification that your permit application was received.
- Manheim Township Fire Rescue - All three Manheim Township Fire Rescue stations have been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. All three fire rescue stations are fully staffed and operational at this time with no interruption in services.
- Manheim Township Tax Collector Office – The MT Tax Collectors office is impacted by the closure of the MT Municipal Office. Please see the directions below from the MT Tax Collector:
Message from The Office of Tax Collector, Patricia Kabel
There will be some slight changes regarding to County/Municipal real estate tax collection during this current tax season.
All COUNTY/MUNICIPAL REAL ESTATE TAXES ARE DUE AS STATED ON YOUR CURRENT BILL.
THE DUE DATES HAVE NOT BEEN ALTERED IN ANY WAY.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON YOU PAYMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOUR PAYMENT HAS AN ERROR.
I AM AVAILABLE TO YOU AT ALL TIMES!
I CHECK MY VOICE MAIL AND EMAIL MESSAGES DAILY!
PLEASE CALL ME AT 717-569-6408 ex: 1103 OR EMAIL ME AT TAX@MANHEIMTOWNSHIP.ORG, OR TAKE MY BUSINESS CARD DISPLAYED ON THE FRONT DOOR AND AT THE GREEN DROP BOX AT THE TOWNSHIP OFFICE.
With the lobby being closed to the public, taxpayers have the option of:
- Dropping your taxes in the SECURE GREEN DROP BOX to the right of the entrance of the municipal building at 1840 Municipal Dr. The Green Drop box is behind the pillar. You cannot see it from the curb.
- You can continue to mail in your payment, if you choose. All mail will be opened and processed as usual.
- I discourage CASH payment in the drop box. I would prefer to receive either money order, or certified checks from those taxpayers not paying with personal checks.
- Be sure to include a SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE, if you wish to receive a receipt. Receipts are mailed the very same day that your check is processed.
- If you need a bill or receipt, please email email@example.com or call me at 717-569-6408 ex: 1103.
Thank you for your patients and cooperation during this time and I wish you all the best of health.
Our Township Emergency Management staff along with other Township staff and elected officials will continue to monitor the recommendations from the county, state and federal officials and health experts as this situation changes. We will also continue to communicate with you, the community, of any additional impacts to the Township and its services as a result of the Coronavirus. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented and dynamic situation.
We encourage you to monitor reliable sources on COVID-19 including:
PA Dept. of Health – https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
MEDIA POST CONTACT: Sergeant Michael T. Piacentino, W: 717-569-6401 Ext: 1583, C: 717-340-2130, firstname.lastname@example.org