Manheim Township Takes Additional Action Regarding The Coronavirus (COVID-19)
NOTICE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE MANHEIM TOWNSHIP BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
9:50 A.M., WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, 2020
The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners has taken additional precautionary measures and actions in response to the ever-changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As we continue in these difficult times, these actions are being taken to meet our goals of providing for the health and safety of our residents and employees.
The following actions have been taken and the following Manheim Township facilities and programs are affected by the precautionary measures:
- Declaration of Local Disaster Emergency – The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners have officially executed a Local Disaster Emergency, coinciding with the Federal, State, and County declarations.
- Manheim Township Municipal Office – The Township office located at 1840 Municipal Drive has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. All staff continues to work at the Township office and can be reached at 717-569-6408. This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday April 1st, 2020.
- Manheim Township Police Department Lobby - The Township police department main lobby located at 1825 Municipal Drive has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday April 1st, 2020.
- Manheim Township Public Library – The library was closed effective Monday, March 16th, 2020 and will remain closed until at least Wednesday April 1st, 2020. This closure includes the cancellation or postponement of all programs and activities within the time frame indicated.
- Manheim Township Recreation and Park Planning Department – Recreation and park planning facilities were closed effective Monday, March 16th, 2020 and will remain closed until at least Wednesday April 1st, 2020. This closure includes the cancellation or postponement of all programs and activities within the time frame indicated. This also includes the preschool program at The Boettcher House. Effective March 17, 2020, this also now includes the Stauffer Mansion office. Please call 717-290-7180 for information on deadline extensions or other questions.
- Overlook Golf Course – The Overlook Golf Course located at 2040 Lititz Pike has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is in keeping with the Governor’s request to close non-essential facilities. This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday April 1st, 2020.
- Manheim Township Tax Collector Office – The MT Tax Collectors office is impacted by the closure of the MT Municipal Office. Please see the directions below from the MT Tax Collector:
Message from The Office of Tax Collector, Patricia Kabel
There will be some slight changes regarding to County/Municipal real estate tax collection during this current tax season.
All COUNTY / MUNICIPAL REAL ESTATE TAXES ARE DUE AS STATED ON YOUR CURRENT BILL.
THE DUE DATES HAVE NOT BEEN ALTERED IN ANY WAY.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON YOU PAYMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOUR PAYMENT HAS AN ERROR.
I AM AVAILABLE TO YOU AT ALL TIMES!
I CHECK MY VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL MESSAGES DAILY!
PLEASE CALL ME AT 717-569-6408 ex: 1103 OR EMAIL ME AT TAX@MANHEIMTOWNSHIP.ORG, OR TAKE MY BUSINESS CARD DISPLAYED ON THE FRONT DOOR AND AT THE GREEN DROP BOX AT THE TOWNSHIP OFFICE.
With the lobby being closed to the public, taxpayers have the option of:
- Dropping your taxes in the SECURE GREEN DROP BOX to the right of the entrance of the municipal building at 1840 Municipal Dr. The Green Drop box is behind the pillar. You cannot see it from the curb.
- You can continue to mail in your payment, if you choose. All mail will be opened and processed as usual.
- I discourage CASH payment in the drop box. I would prefer to receive either money order, or certified checks from those taxpayers not paying with personal checks.
- Be sure to include a SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE, if you wish to receive a receipt. Receipts are mailed the very same day that your check is processed.
- If you need a bill or receipt, please email email@example.com or call me at 717-569-6408 ex: 1103.
Thank you for your patients and cooperation during this time and I wish you all the best of health.
Our Township Emergency Management staff along with other Township staff and elected officials will continue to monitor the recommendations from the county, state and federal officials and health experts as this situation changes. We will also continue to communicate with you, the community, of any additional impacts to the Township and its services as a result of the Coronavirus. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented and dynamic situation.
We encourage you to monitor reliable sources on COVID-19 including:
PA Dept. of Health – https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
MEDIA POST CONTACT: Sergeant Michael T. Piacentino, W: 717-569-6401 Ext: 1583, C: 717-340-2130, firstname.lastname@example.org