I've Got Really Cool Fireworks! - Can I Use Them? CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT!
UNFORTUNATELY, THEIR USE IS EXTREMELY RESTRICTED FOR SAFETY REASONS!
They CANNOT be ignited or discharged:
- on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner. **(this includes the street)**
- from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- towards a motor vehicle or building.
- within 150 feet of a dwelling / structure.
- while the person igniting the firework is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Based upon the above, there are very few locations within Manheim Township, where the discharging of "consumer fireworks" would be legal. Remember - the SALE of the fireworks may be legal, but the USE of them may not be. Please be sure to be neighborly and follow the above laws. Also, be sure to watch our PSA video shown below and stay safe this summer!
PA Firework Laws - Manheim Township Police Department
MEDIA POST CONTACT: Lieutenant Michael T. Piacentino, W: 717-569-6401 Ext: 1583, C: 717-340-2130, email@example.com