Be Ready For The Storm! Winter Driving Safety Tips!
PLEASE DRIVE WITH CARE DURING WINTER WEATHER!
With today's storm only hours away, the Manheim Township Police Department wanted to share several winter driving safety tips to help navigate the snow! ❄
Preparation is the key to successfully navigating winter roads. Winter weather can bring unexpected conditions, so please be sure that both you and your vehicle are ready for ice and snow! Motorists should regularly check to ensure vehicles are in proper working order.
Checks needed to brave winter weather:
* Fluid levels are full
* Wipers don't streak and are effective at cleaning the windshield
* Heater and defroster are in proper working order
* Vehicle's radio is working to receive traffic and weather reports and alerts
* Vehicle lamps (headlights, taillights, fog lights, etc.) are all illuminating properly
* Tires are properly inflated and have sufficient tread depth
* Have access to a cell phone to call for help, if needed
Most importantly, snow and ice MUST be removed from your vehicle before being driven upon a roadway. This is to ensure the safety of you and the other drivers on the roads.
DON'T BE THIS GUY! 😒
BE THIS GUY! 😀
MEDIA POST CONTACT: Sergeant Michael T. Piacentino, W: 717-569-6401 Ext: 1583, C: 717-340-2130, email@example.com