Daily News Release - Wednesday 8/8/2018
Daily News Release – Wednesday, August 08, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 1:54 p.m., Friday, August 3, 2018, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – Johnathan E. Blake, M/28, of Levittown, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stumbling through the parking lot of the store, approached police officers claiming to be drunk, and exhibited signs of alcohol intoxication. A citation was filed.
2. Retail Theft Arrest, 12:31 p.m., Friday, August 3, 2018, 936 Columbia Avenue – Turkey Hill (LT) – Latoya J. Becker, F/33, of Paradise, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $20.58 worth of snack foods. A citation was filed.
3. Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 12:44 p.m., Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – Joel Tamenne, M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he was observed stumbling and exhibiting signs of being under the influence of an opiate in the parking lot of the business. Officers approached Tamenne and observed a hypodermic needle containing an off-white substance sticking out of his pocket. Tamenne was taken into custody and during a search incident to arrest was found in possession of twelve (12) blue glassine baggies containing heroin. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Endangering Welfare of Children / Terroristic Threats / Harassment Arrest, 2:23 p.m., Sunday, August 5, 2018, 100 block Valleybrook Drive (MT) – Mark A. Ressler, M/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Ressler squirted heated milk all over an adult victim. Ressler then picked up his four-month-old child and threw it onto the couch. Immediately following, Ressler punched the adult victim in the face causing a cut and swelling to the lower lip. The adult victim called 9-1-1 for assistance and Ressler stated “If you call the police, I’m going to kill you.” Ressler pushed his 13-year-old child who attempted to intervene when Ressler attempted to grab the phone from the adult caller. Ressler was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
5. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 11:20 p.m., Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 1996 Landis Valley Road – Perelman Park (MT) – Deborah G. Gorman, F/21, of Leola, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was located in a vehicle at the park after hours. Officers searched Gorman’s vehicle which yielded marijuana, a smoking pipe, and a marijuana grinder. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 2:35 p.m., Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Rebecca A. Houghton, F/28, of Conestoga, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $88.78 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Houghton remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Houghton should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
7. Strangulation / Simple Assault / False Identification to Law Enforcement / Criminal Mischief Arrest, 5:11 p.m., Monday, August 6, 2018, Waverly Avenue (MT) – Jose A. Rivera, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Rivera pushed the victim to the ground, against a wall, and placed his hands around their throat and squeezed for approximately one (1) minute. Rivera also pushed the victim onto a bed and held them down. The victim exhibited red marks and bruising on their neck and arms. The victim also reported that Rivera punched their television, breaking it. When questioned by police, Rivera admitted to damaging the television but denied any physical contact with the victim. Rivera also provided false information about his identity to police, even after being warned. He was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, 11:40 a.m. to 12:40 p.m., Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a purse and contents from a shopping cart while the customer was distracted. Total loss: $1,325.00. Investigation continues.
2. Burglary, August 3-4, 2018, 29 Keller Avenue – Albright Opticians (MT) – Unknown person/s attempted to force entry into the business during the overnight hours. Total loss: $500.00 due to damage to the building.
3. Theft, 4:00-4:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 7, 2018, Spencer Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a red Toro lawn mower as it sat unattended on the sidewalk. Total loss: $200.00.