Daily News Release – Wednesday, August 07, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 9:08 a.m., Saturday, August 3, 2019, 800 block Sterling Place (LT) – Janasha I. Miles, F/22, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was found sleeping inside the vehicle of another person. Miles was heavily under the influence of an alcoholic beverage and could not recall how she got into the car. Officers searched the vehicle and located marijuana, which was owned by Miles. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Harassment Arrest, 5:53 p.m., Saturday, August 3, 2019, 1000 block Maple Avenue (LT) – Melanie G. Mimm, F/50, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Mimm grabbed the victim in the face. A citation was filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:08 p.m., Monday, August 5, 2019, Schoolhouse Road at Abbeyville Road (LT) – Charles Lee Rhoads, III, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a window tint violation. Officers searched Rhoads, III’s vehicle which yielded marijuana, a baggie, and two (2) smoking devices. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:47 a.m., Tuesday, July 24, 2019, 2369 Lititz Pike – Landis Woods (MT) – Samuel Redsecker Slaymaker, III, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after an officer on patrol in the park located Slaymaker, III inside a tent in the park after hours. Officers searched the tent which yielded marijuana and a smoking device. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. DUI Arrest, 8:49 p.m., Thursday, July 25, 2019, Bentley Lane at Millersville Pike (LT) – Chavona S. Lawrence, F/32, of Bridgeport, CT, was charged with the above offense following a report of an unconscious person inside a running vehicle. Officers located Lawrence behind the wheel of a running vehicle. In speaking with her, she exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages. Chavona was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.148%. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 11:49 a.m., Monday, August 5, 2019, 1585 Fruitville Pike – Rack Room Shoes (MT) – Kara M. Ritchie, F/24, of Pequea, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $109.91 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was issued.
1. Retail Theft, 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 2000 Crossings Boulevard – Wegman’s (MT) – An unknown family consisting of two (2) adults and three (3) juveniles entered the store and stole $174.75 worth of merchandise from the store. Investigation continues.
2. Scattering Rubbish (Littering), 12:01 a.m. to 5:38 p.m., Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 200 block Hess Boulevard (MT) – Unknown person/s dumped two (2) air conditioners alongside the road.