Daily News Release - Wednesday 8/21/2019
Daily News Release – Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment Arrest, 10:28 p.m., Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 5800 block Lemon Street (EP) – Aric Breisch Palkow, M/24, of East Petersburg, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Palkow struck, punched, and slapped the victim multiple times. A citation was filed.
2. Forgery Arrest, 10:44 a.m., July, 2019, 1683 Oregon Pike – S&T Bank (MT) – Marleeke T. Lear, M/23, of Pottstown, PA, was charged with the above offense after he did the following:
- At 10:44 a.m., on Thursday, July 25, 2019, Lear deposited four (4) Western Union money order checks at the bank. All of the checks were written in the amount of $980.00, totaling $3,920.00, and were in Lear’s name and address.
- At 2:22 p.m., on Friday, July 26, 2019, Lear deposited three (3) additional Western Union money order checks, totaling $2,940.00.
- Lear returned to the Philadelphia area where, between July 26th and July 29th, he subsequently withdrew all of the money in his account, which totaled $6,850.00.
A criminal complaint was filed against Lear and an arrest warrant was obtained. Lear remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Lear should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
3. Burglary / Simple Assault / Theft / Criminal Mischief Arrest, 10:52 p.m., Thursday, August 15, 2019, 800 block Fourth Street (LT) – Richard Leroy Kellum, III, M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Kellum, III was denied entry into the victim’s residence. Kellum, III then removed a window air conditioning unit from the front window at the residence. The unit fell onto the porch and sustained damage. Kellum, III then gained entry into the residence via the open window. Once inside, Kellum, III grabbed the victim, removed a cell phone from their hand, and smashed it onto the ground. Kellum, III then threw the victim to the ground and kicked her in the stomach (the victim is a pregnant female). Kellum, III then punched the victim in the stomach at least three (3) times and then punched her in the face as well, causing injuries. Kellum, III fled the area prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed against Kellum, III, and an arrest warrant obtained. Kellum, III remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Kellum, III should call the Manheim Township Police Department or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday, August 19, 2019, 500 block Mayer Place (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a triple band gold ring from a residence. Total loss: $300.00. Investigation continues.
2. Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, August 19, 2019, 1567 Manheim Pike – Platos Closet (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a cell phone which had been accidentally left behind in a fitting room. Total loss: $300.00.
3. Criminal Mischief, August 14 to 20, 2019, 600 block Candlewyck Road (MT) – Unknown person/s damaged a vehicle as it sat parked. The damage was consistent with a person striking the vehicle with a crow bar or similar object. Total loss: $1,000.00.