Daily News Release – Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 9:37 a.m., Sunday, August 11, 2019, 1507 Lititz Pike – CVS Pharmacy (MT) – Deborah J. Rouse, F/28, of Schenectady, NY, was charged with the above offense after she was observed screaming, acting erratically, and throwing a can of soda which alarmed others in the area. A citation was issued.
2. Theft Arrest, 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 1380 Elm Avenue – Country Meadows (LT) – Melissa Sue Lightner, F/26, of Mount Joy, PA, was charged with the above offense following an investigation into employee theft. Lightner, an employee of the business at the time, was observed stealing $400.00 in cash from a resident’s purse. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property / Access Device Fraud Arrest, 10:45 a.m., Monday, July 15, 2019, 1000 Columbia Avenue – Sunoco (LT) – Scott A. Wimer, M/48, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he stole a cell phone which had been accidentally left behind at the store by its owner. The phone had a wallet case attached to it which contained two (2) credit cards. Wimer later used one (1) of the cards to make $27.54 worth of fraudulent purchases at area stores. Total loss: $302.54. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Recklessly Endangering Another Person / Simple Assault / Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 8:51 p.m., Sunday, August 11, 2019, 100 North Pointe Boulevard – Carrabba’s (MT) – Caitlyn Amanda Hughes, F/26, of Columbia, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she accidentally left behind a make-up bag at a table at the restaurant where she had been eating. Inside the make-up bag were twenty (20) used hypodermic needles, eighteen (18) of which were uncapped. There were also sixteen baggies of heroin and a metal spoon inside the bag, as well. An employee of the restaurant located the bag and went to retrieve it for safekeeping. When the employee did so, one of the uncapped needles poked through the fabric of the make-up bag and penetrated the victim’s skin, causing it to bleed. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. DUI Arrest, 12:49 a.m., Wednesday, August 14, 2019, Ranck Avenue (LT) – Julio J. Rivas-Velez, M/26, homeless, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Rivas-Velez exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages and smoking marijuana. He was arrested and submitted to chemical testing, the results of which are still pending at this time. He was then processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
6. Theft, 2:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 1004 Harrisburg Pike – Sunoco (MT) – Mandy Deejay Kauffman, F/43, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she met another person in the parking lot of the business to perform a business transaction. When the other person produced the money for the transaction, Kauffman took possession of it and fled. Total loss: $100.00. Kauffman was arrested, processed, and released pending a summons.
1. Theft, June 1 to July 3, 2019, 227 Granite Run Drive – Keystone Custom Homes (MT) – Unknown person/s stole two (2) MIFI hotspot jetpacks from the business and later used them to access the internet. The business sustained a loss of $13,000.00 in data usage fees. Investigation continues.
2. Identity Theft, February 24, 2019, 300 block Greenview Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s opened two (2) utility accounts in the name of the victim and made $1,857.00 worth of fraudulent charges.
3. Access Device Fraud, 4:06 to 5:58 p.m., Sunday, August 11, 2019, Michelle Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s debit card and made $267.10 worth of fraudulent charges.
4. Identity Theft, August 3, 2019, 1100 block Country Club Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s opened a utility account in the name of the victim and made $2,265.88 worth of fraudulent charges.
5. Vehicle Theft, August 12 to 13, 2019, 100 block Mitric Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a blue 2008 Subaru Impreza as it sat parked overnight. The vehicle was unlocked and the key left inside. The vehicle was later recovered a few streets away. Total loss: $2,000.00. Investigation continues.
6. Theft, July 28 to August 13, 2019, 800 block Flory Mill Road (MT) – Unknown person/s stole two (2) condensing units valued at $11,000.00.