Daily News Release - Wednesday 5/8/2019
Daily News Release – Wednesday, May 08, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 10:35 p.m., Monday, May 6, 2019, 1081 North Plum Street – American Bar & Grill (MT) – Kevin S. Malkin, M/53, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a disturbance inside the restaurant. Malkin screamed obscenities and threw items which alarmed numerous other patrons. A citation was filed.
2. Dog Law Violation Arrest, 8:13 p.m., Monday, May 6, 2019, 300 block East Oregon Road (MT) – Wayne R. Skaggs, M/55, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense after he failed to control his dog and allowed it to run free without a leash or tie-down restraint. Skaggs had previously been charged for the same offense. A citation was filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 1:21 a.m., Friday, May 3, 2019, Long Farm Lane at Valley Road (MT) – Julia M. Csoky, F/20, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop where she was a passenger. Officers searched the vehicle which yielded marijuana and a vaporizer pen which contained THC oil, inside Csoky’s purse. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. DUI / Possession of Hydrocodone / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:43 a.m., Saturday, April 13, 2019, Route 30 West at New Holland Pike (MT) – William W. Wells, M/34, of Ephrata, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for speeding. Wells exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to smoking marijuana and ingesting unprescribed pills. A search of his vehicle yielded marijuana, hydrocodone, hashish tar/oil, a digital scale, and baggies. Wells was arrested and chemical testing yielded the presence of numerous controlled substances in his blood sample. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Stalking / Harassment Arrest, 7:15 a.m., Monday, May 6, 2019, Deep Hollow Lane (LT) – Adam C. Emerick, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he repeatedly contacted another person despite numerous requests from the victim and the police to stop doing so. At one point, Emerick made forty-four (44) phone calls to the victim in a four (4) hour time period. He was also sending text messages. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Scattering Rubbish (Littering), May 4 to 5, 2019, 1700 block Wabank Road (LT) – Unknown person/s dumped construction material trash onto the property of another.
2. Vehicle Theft, May 5 to 6, 2019, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a black 2006 Subaru Forrester as it sat parked overnight. Total loss: $4,000.00.
3. Identity Theft, 5:38 p.m., Monday, May 6, 2019, 900 block Fountain Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s obtained a duplicate driver’s license and used it to open numerous credit card accounts. A U-Haul vehicle was also rented and later stolen. Investigation continues.
4. Criminal Mischief, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, May 6, 2019, 1000 Christopher Place – Miller’s Ale House (MT) – Unknown person/s damaged three (3) vehicles as they sat parked in the parking lot. Total loss: $1,200.00.
5. Theft, May 4 to 5, 2019, 1400 block Manor House Lane (LT) – Theft of medication, a tablet, and a computer from an apartment. Total loss: $650.00. Investigation continues.
6. Retail Theft, 6:31 p.m., Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 1214 Millersville Pike – Sally Beauty Supply (MT) – Two (2) unknown Hispanic females stole numerous items from the store and fled. Total loss has yet to be determined and the investigation continues.
7. Burglary, 7:30 to 10:24 p.m., Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 200 block Eliot Street (LT) – An unknown male entered a vehicle inside the garage of a residence. The vehicle’s keys were with the vehicle. The male set off the car alarm which caused him to flee, but he took the vehicle keys with him. Total loss: $300.00. Investigation continues.