Daily News Release – Wednesday, May 01, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Retail Theft / Possession of Cocaine / Possession of Methamphetamine / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:13 p.m., Monday, April 22, 2019, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Christopher Michael Barton, M/46, of Columbia, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $103.33 worth of tools from the store. During a search incident to arrest, Barton was found in possession of cocaine, methamphetamine, and a glass smoking pipe. He was arrested, processed, and released. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Criminal Mischief / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 6:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 1300 block Orchard Street (MT) – Michael Clifford Goldy, M/60, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he broke off the rear windshield wiper arm from a vehicle parked in the area. While officers were speaking with Goldy about the above crime, he reported that he was carrying marijuana and provided a bag of it to the officers. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Indecent Assault, 12:23 a.m., Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 900 block South Prince Street (LT) – A female reported that she was groped by an unknown male. Investigation continues.
2. Burglary, April 26 to 30, 2019, Greenwood Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered a residence through an unsecured basement hopper window and stole power tools and copper wiring. A detached garage was also entered. Total loss: $2,960.00.
3. Theft By Deception, April 26 to 27, 2019, 2200 block Nicholson Square Drive (MT) – A person claiming to be from Microsoft instructed the victim to obtain $3,600.00 worth of Google gift cards and provide the gift card numbers to them. The incident was determined to be a scam. Investigation continues.
4. Theft From Motor Vehicle, April 28 to 29, 2019, Atkins Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole watches, sunglasses, and loose change. Total loss: $72.00.
5. Theft, 11:15 a.m., Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 1440 Manheim Pike – Pizza Hut (MT) – Unknown person/s stole an Apple iPhone that was sitting on the counter of the restaurant. Total loss: $750.00.
6. Theft From Motor Vehicle, April 29 to 30, 2019, 300 block Atkins Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle, and rummaged through the interior. No items taken.