Daily News Release – Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Retail Theft Arrest, 11:52 a.m., Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 1589 Fruitville Pike – Target (MT) – John Paul Perry, M/25, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $59.96 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was issued.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 2:13 p.m., Saturday, March 14, 2020, 300 block South Conestoga Drive (LT) – Lawrence E. Myers, M/50, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed lying alongside the road under the influence of an alcoholic beverage to the degree that he could not stand on his own. A citation was filed.
3. Harassment Arrest, 9:01 p.m., Thursday, March 12, 2020, 600 block Courthouse Circle (MT) – Anthony M. Steck, M/25, of Landisville, PA, and Mario Castro, M/30, of Lititz, PA, were both charged with the above offense after they punched each other in the face during an argument. A citation was filed against each party.
4. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 12:29 p.m., Sunday, March 8, 2020, Route 30 West at New Holland Pike (MT) – Isaac Thomas Nadu, M/18, of Quarryville, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for speeding. Officers searched Nadu’s vehicle, which yielded marijuana, a marijuana grinder, and a smoking device. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Retail Theft Arrest, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – Christine Margaret Alper, F/50, of Holtwood, PA, was charged with two (2) counts of Retail Theft following two (2) incidents of shoplifting. They were as follows:
- 4:27 p.m., Monday, October 14, 2019 – Alper stole $577.34 worth of fragrances from the store.
- 4:53 p.m., Tuesday, December 24, 2019 – Alper stole $24.99 worth of fragrances from the store.
A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Alper remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Alper should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
6. DUI / Prohibited Offensive Weapons / Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 5:17 p.m., Friday, March 13, 2020, 2900 block Tiffany Drive (MT) – Chad Eric Neiss, Jr., M/24, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a check on the welfare incident. Officers were dispatched to the location for a male observed unconscious inside a running vehicle. Officers made contact with the driver, later identified as Neiss, Jr., who exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to using heroin. Neiss, Jr. was taken into physical custody and during a search incident to arrest was found in possession of ten (10) hypodermic needles, one (1) baggie of heroin, and a switch-blade knife, a prohibited offensive weapon. Neiss, Jr. provided a blood sample, whose testing is still pending at this time. He was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
7. Retail Theft Arrests, 12:45 p.m., Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Sheila Martinez-Maldonado, F/27, of Columbia, PA, and Alicia M. Godwin, F/50, of Lancaster, PA, were both charged with the above offense following a shoplifting incident. Martinez-Maldonado and Godwin were both observed stealing merchandise, totaling $325.25. Both were arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, March 15 to 16, 2020, Rosewood Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s entered two (2) unlocked vehicles which sat parked overnight. A television, cash and a GPS were taken. Total loss: $420.00.
2. Theft By Deception, March 11 to 17, 2020, 1600 block Chadwick Circle (LT) – The victim provided bank information to a telephone scammer, who claimed to be from a loan company. Total loss: $2,900.00.
3. Retail Theft, March 4 to 15, 2020, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – On five (5) separate occasions between the dates listed above, an unknown male entered the store and stole merchandise. Total loss: $994.73.