Daily News Release - Wednesday 2/13/2019
Daily News Release – Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Theft / Criminal Conspiracy to Commit Theft Arrest, 3:38 p.m., Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 2800 block Fiddlers Green Road (MT) – A 14-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offenses after they conspired with two (2) other juveniles to steal a package delivered to a porch. The package contained a work vest valued at $25.00. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
2. Harassment Arrests, 7:40 p.m., Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 100 block Pulte Road (MT) – Sasha N. Carter, F/29, and Samantha Maris Colon, F/23, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense after they engaged in a fight. Carter and Colon punched and pushed each other. A citation was filed against each party.
3. Dog Law Violation Arrest, 12:40 p.m., Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 300 block East Oregon Road (MT) – Wayne R. Skaggs, M/55, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense after he permitted his dog to run at large and onto the property of another. Skaggs had previously been warned for the same offense. A citation was filed.
4. DUI / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 4:16 p.m., Sunday, January 20, 2019, 1600 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Avonte V. Lowery, M/25, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an expired inspection sticker. Lowery exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. The officer also observed a bag of marijuana inside the vehicle. Chemical testing yielded the presence of THC in Lowery’s blood. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Criminal Mischief Arrest, 3:12 a.m., Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 6300 block Carpenter Street (EP) – Amanda M. Young, F/28, of Marietta, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Young intentionally broke out three (3) windows of a vehicle owned by another person, as well as one (1) window of a residence. Total loss: $833.61. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. DUI / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 9:23 p.m., Monday, January 28, 2019, Betz Road at City Mill Road (LT) – Nelson Martinez-Hernandez, M/45, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Martinez-Hernandez exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to smoking marijuana. He was arrested and officers searched his vehicle, which yielded marijuana, a purple metal grinder, glassine baggies, and cigarette wrapping paper. Chemical testing yielded the presence of THC in Martinez-Hernandez’s blood sample. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 10:44 a.m., Monday, February 11, 2019, 800 New Holland Avenue – Mackey Dentistry (MT) – James F. Mays, Jr., M/57, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was found sleeping in the stairwell of the business. Mays had previously been issued a notice against trespassing for the same reason. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Burglary, February 7-12, 2019, 1400 block Passey Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s smashed a bedroom window and entered the residence. No items taken. Investigation continues.
2. Theft, 11:19 a.m. to 12:07 p.m., Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 1319 Millersville Pike – Planet Fitness (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked locker and stole a coat, vehicle keys, and sweatpants. Total loss: $330.00. Investigation continues.
3. Retail Theft, 3:15 p.m., Friday, February 8, 2019, 1555 Manheim Pike – Menchey Music (MT) – An unknown male and unknown female entered the store and stole an oboe valued at $3,525.99. Investigation continues.