Daily News Release - Wednesday 1/9/2019
Daily News Release – Wednesday, January 09, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Underage Drinking Arrest, 7:30 p.m., Monday, January 7, 2019, Route 30 East at Route 222 (MT) – Cheyenne Alexis Norton, F/20, of Leola, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Norton was identified as a driver in that crash and an odor of marijuana was emanating from her vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle which yielded marijuana, a marijuana grinder, a roach clip, a smokebuddy, rolling papers, and numerous alcoholic beverages. Norton was not under the influence. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Simple Assault / Strangulation Arrest, 12:30 a.m., Saturday, December 16, 2018, 2100 block Kentwood Drive (MT) – Zachary Arthur May, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a disturbance at a residential party. During the altercation, May pushed the victim by the throat to the point that the victim was pushed into another room. The victim fell to the floor and May put his foot onto the victim’s throat to the point where the victim could not breathe. May had to be pulled from the victim by other partygoers. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:59 p.m., Friday, December 28, 2018, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Melissa D. Nicodemus, F/43, of Elizabethtown, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $69.98 worth of merchandise form the store. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 7-8, 2019, 1100 block New Holland Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole $25.00 worth of items. A bicycle, parked next to the vehicle, was also taken. Total loss: $325.00.
2. Retail Theft, 9:12 p.m., January 8, 2019, 1501 Manheim Pike – Turkey Hill (MT) – An unknown male suspect entered the store and stole a display case housing electronic accessory. Investigation continues.
3. Selective Enforcement Detail, 11:30 a.m., Tuesday, January 8, 2019, Miller Road at Clarkson Drive (EP) – Officers enforced the 25 MPH speed limit on Miller Road for nearly three (3) hours). Twenty-one (21) motorists were stopped resulting in twenty (20) citations and one (1) warning being issued. The highest recorded speed was 46 MPH.