Daily News Release – Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. DUI / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 5:46 a.m., Sunday, October 18, 2020, Second Lock Road at Yardley Green (LT) – Mikaail Fahim Cotton, M/18, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a crash investigation. Cotton was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Cotton also admitted to smoking marijuana prior to the crash. Officers searched a bag owned by Cotton, which yielded marijuana. He was arrested and taken for a blood draw. Chemical testing of the blood sample yielded the presence of THC and Clonazolam. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 12:45 p.m., Monday, November 30, 2020, 2323 Oregon Pike – Universal Athletic Club (MT) – Stephen M. Ogorzalek, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he entered the business after being given a notice of no trespass. A citation was filed.
3. Neglect of Animal Arrest, 12:07 p.m., Saturday, October 24, 2020, 2400 block Oregon Pike (MT) – Paul Lee Groff, M/24, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with two (2) counts of the above offense after he failed to provide basic care for two (2) dogs he owned. The animals were emaciated, covered in fleas, and in need of emergency veterinary care. Two (2) citations were filed.
4. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 4:28 p.m., Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 1200 block Millersville Pike (LT) – Roger E. Long, M/69, of Lampeter, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed sitting near a public stairwell with his pants pulled down. Long was also manifestly under the influence of vodka. A citation was issued.
5. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:57 p.m., Monday, December 21, 2020, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Wendy Jo Sanchez, F/48, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $532.81 worth of merchandise from the store. Sanchez fled the store following the theft and was identified after the fact. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 4:30 p.m., Friday, November 27, 2020, 1567 Manheim Pike – Plato’s Closet (MT) – Kiana Esther Guichardo, F/20, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $40.00 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was filed.
7. Simple Assault / False Imprisonment Arrest, 12:58 a.m., Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 1300 block Rose Avenue (MT) – Judith Lee Shaffer, F/64, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Shaffer struck the victim numerous times in the head. When the victim attempted to leave, Shaffer dragged him back inside and continued to strike him. The victim had multiple injuries to his face and was unable to defend himself due to a medical condition. Shaffer was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
8. Simple Assault Arrest, 2:30 a.m., Friday, December 11, 2020, 1400 block Passey Lane (LT) – Thomas S. Evans, M/32, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he pushed another person up against a wall, using the victim’s neck and chest. Evans than pushed the victim down a set of 4-5 stairs, causing bruising and ripped clothing. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Theft, 1:00 to 6:00 p.m., Monday, December 21, 2020, 1119 Manheim Pike – Wrecklamations (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a snowblower and pull-start recoil mechanism from the business. Total loss: $90.00.