Daily News Release – Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:44 a.m., Saturday, October 17, 2020, 1700 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Matthew Luis Santiago, M/19, of East Petersburg, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a red-light infraction. Officers searched Santiago’s vehicle, which yielded marijuana, rolling papers, a metal tray containing marijuana residue, and a glass smoking pipe. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 2:10 p.m., Tuesday, October 27, 2020, North President Avenue at Columbia Avenue (LT) – Gabriel Anthony-Kemp, M/21, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for an inspection sticker infraction. Officers searched Anthony-Kemp’s vehicle, which yielded marijuana, a plastic container housing marijuana, and rolling papers. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. DUI Arrest, 10:24 p.m., Tuesday, November 4, 2020, 1600 block Oregon Pike (MT) – Charles Melvin Huntsman, M/48, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Huntsman exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages. He was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.196%. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Drug Delivery Resulting in Death / Criminal Use of a Communication Facility Arrest, 1:16 p.m., Thursday, September 3, 2020, 1434 Manheim Pike – McDonald’s (MT) – James Israel Rittenhouse, M/46, of Conestoga, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he supplied Fentanyl and Methamphetamine to a 41-year-old male, who ingested those items in the parking lot of the business, overdosed, and died as a result. Investigators found evidence on the victim’s cell phone linking the victim to Rittenhouse, as the two discussed the sale/purchase of illegal narcotics. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Rittenhouse remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Rittenhouse should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
5. Aggravated Assault / Strangulation / Theft of Firearm / Vehicle Theft / Simple Assault / Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 3:55 p.m., Monday, November 2, 2020, 1400 block East King Street (LT) – Mikaail Fahim Cotton, M/18, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Cotton grabbed the victim and threw her down on a bed choking her, while he was on top of her. Cotton also struck the victim numerous times in the head and face, bit her, grabbed her, and threw her around. The victim was able to break free from Cotton, and attempted to leave the residence. Cotton pulled her back inside, while creating a disturbance observed by others in the immediate area. The victim again broke free from Cotton, who then pulled her to the ground. The victim was finally able to flee from Cotton and seek help from a family member. That family member then went to Cotton, who pointed a firearm him; the family member fled. While unattended, Cotton then took two (2) firearms owned by the original victim, and fled the scene in her silver Ford Focus. Total loss: $5,300.00. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Cotton remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Cotton should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below. NOTE: Cotton is to be considered armed and extremely dangerous. No person should initiate contact with Cotton, but rather submit information to police on his whereabouts.
1. Forgery, 2:05 a.m., Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 3205 Lititz Pike – Sheetz (MT) – An unknown black male passed a counterfeit $100.00 bill when attempting to pay for merchandise.
2. Access Device Fraud, October 30 to November 2, 2020, 1100 block Wheatland Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s used the victim’s debit card after they lost it in Lancaster City. The card was used to make $20.04 worth of purchases at an area store.
3. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 4:30 to 4:55 p.m., Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 2437 Lititz Pike – Landis Woods Park (MT) – Unknown person/s smashed the front passenger window of a vehicle parked in the area, and stole a tote bag and contents. Total loss: $520.00.