Daily News Release - Wednesday 10/17/2018
Daily News Release – Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Theft / Retail Theft Arrest, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offenses following an investigation into employee theft. The juvenile was employed at the store during the following:
- At 10:20 a.m., Sunday, September 16, 2018, the juvenile consumed food items valued at $2.69 and failed to pay for them.
- Between 4:00 & 10:00 p.m., Monday, September 17, 2018, the juvenile removed $178.00 in cash from their register. The juvenile placed the money in their pocket.
- Between 4:00 & 10:00 p.m., Saturday, September 22, 2018, the juvenile removed $738.00 in cash from their register. The juvenile placed the money in their pocket. The juvenile also stole $6.38 worth of merchandise.
- At 2:01 p.m., Saturday, September 29, 2018, the juvenile consumed a soda valued at $1.99 and failed to pay for it.
- Between 4:00 & 10:00 p.m., Saturday, October 13, 2018, the juvenile removed $219.00 in cash from their register. The juvenile placed the money in their pocket.
A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
2. Dog Law Violation Arrest, 8:39 a.m., Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 3100 block Kissel Hill Road (MT) – Amos S. King, M/20, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense after he permitted his dog to run at large and get struck by a vehicle. King has previously been prosecuted for the same offense. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Forgery / Theft By Unlawful Taking Arrest, 8:02 p.m., Friday, August 31, 2018, 1416 Lititz Pike – First National Bank (MT) – Lena Nevay Jackson, F/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she endorsed a check not owned by her, forged the owner’s name, and deposited it into her bank account. Jackson then used the money to pay her rent. Total loss: $1,036.00. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Jackson remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Jackson should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
4. Retail Theft / Criminal Trespass / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Adderall / Public Drunkenness / Tampering With Evidence Arrest, 3:13 p.m., Monday, October 15, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Alex J. Saunders, M/25, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a trespassing complaint. Saunders entered the Walmart after having previously been given notice against trespassing. While inside the store, Saunders stole a box of medicine, valued at $10.74. Officers were summoned and located Saunders who was unsteady on his feet and had to be held up from falling over. He also spoke slowly and slurred his speech. Saunders was arrested for the trespassing and theft. During a search incident to arrest, Saunders was found in possession of marijuana and two (2) Adderall pills, to which he is not prescribed. Saunders was taken back to the police station for processing. While there, Saunders pulled a loose marijuana leaf from his pocket and ate it in front of officers. He was released following processing.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Nothing to Report.