Daily News Release - Tuesday 9/18/2018
Daily News Release – Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Soliciting Arrest, 2:00 p.m., Monday, September 17, 2018, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Lisa Rene Johnson, F/56, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed soliciting money from customers at the store. Johnson has been warned and prosecuted in the past for the same offense. A citation was issued.
2. Criminal Mischief Arrest, 10:00 p.m., Friday, July 27, 2018, Waverly Avenue (MT) – Jose Angel Rivera, Jr., M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he slashed two (2) tires of another person’s vehicle. Total loss: $95.40. A citation was filed.
3. Harassment Arrest, 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 1, 2018, 1370 Manheim Pike – Lyndon City Line Diner (MT) – Ehab M. L. Salib, M/35, of Columbia, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed throwing a bowl of food at another person, which caused an injury. A citation was filed.
4. Possession of Marijuana Arrests, 7:45 p.m., Sunday, August 26, 2018, 222 Eden Resort Inn (MT) – The following persons were charged with the above offense after they were observed smoking marijuana in the parking lot of the hotel. A criminal complaint was filed against each of the following:
- Min Sang Jung, M/23, of Leola, PA
- Victor Ly, M/22, of Lancaster, PA
- Justin J. Kim, M/20, of York, PA
5. DUI Arrest, 7:51 p.m., Monday, August 27, 2018, East King Street at Glenwood Avenue (LT) – Matthew Paul Shuman, M/34, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash. Shuman was identified as a driver and exhibited signs of impairment. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft / Theft By Deception Arrest, 1:15 p.m., Friday, July 27, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Lynette Kathleen Scarantino, F/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she entered the store, picked up a cookware set from the shelf, “returned” it at the customer service counter, and obtained $84.68 for the item. She then remained in the store and stole $294.75 worth of merchandise. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. Theft By Unlawful Taking Arrest, August 2-15, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Luis Guillermo Menendez-Delgado, M/55, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following an investigation into employee theft. While employed by the store, Menendez-Delgado stole cash from a registered assigned to him. He took cash on four (4) separate occasions totaling $570.00. He was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Criminal Mischief, September 16-17, 2018, 300 block Portland Place (MT) – Unknown person/s smashed two (2) mailboxes. Total loss: $125.00.
2. Access Device Fraud, 11:06 a.m., Tuesday, September 11, 2018, Savo Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s gained access to the victim’s checking account and home equity line of credit, and stole $1,000.00. Investigation continues.