Daily News Release – Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Criminal Mischief Arrest, 9:37 a.m., Monday, September 14, 2020, 2200 block Coventry Road (MT) – Evezhane P. Smith, F/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she intentionally broke a cell phone, owned by another person. Total loss: $500.00. A citation was filed.
2. DUI Arrest, 12:12 a.m., Saturday, September 12, 2020, 1300 block Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Ginger L. Heckert, F/33, of Mountville, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Heckert was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. She also admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to the crash. He was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.170%. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. DUI Arrest, 6:50 p.m., Friday, August 14, 2020, West Roseville Road at Fruitville Pike (MT) – Derrick E. Bunteman, M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed unconscious behind the wheel of a running vehicle. Officers made contact with Bunteman, who exhibited signs of impairment. He was arrested and taken for a blood draw. Chemical testing yielded the presence of Xylazine, Fentanyl, and Norfentanyl. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Dog Law Violations Arrest, 9:25 p.m., Sunday, August 30, 2020, 800 block Pleasure Road (MT) – Christopher Allen Yunginger, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after his Pitbull attacked another person without provocation. The victim sustained injuries which required medical attention. The investigating officer determined that the dog was not properly licensed, nor was it up to date with a valid Rabies vaccination. Three (3) citations were filed – Harboring a Dangerous Dog, Failure to License Dog, and Rabies Vaccination Required.
5. Robbery / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Harassment Arrest, 1:12 a.m., Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 806 New Holland Avenue – Turkey Hill (MT) – Jaime Alvarez-Rodriguez, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he entered the convenience store and requested a $94.30 cartoon of cigarettes from the clerk. When the clerk retrieved the item, Alvarez-Rodriguez forcefully attempted to grab the item from the clerk. The clerk resisted and both engaged in a brief struggle over the carton. Alvarez-Rodriguez was able to pull the item away from the clerk and flee the store. He was subsequently stopped by police a short distance away and taken into physical custody. During a search incident to arrest Alvarez-Rodriguez was found in possession of the stolen cigarettes, three (3) hypodermic needles, and two (2) glass smoking pipes. He was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Identity Theft, March 23 to April 3, 2020, East Liberty Street (MT) – Unknown person/s the victim’s personal information to open a bank account online. The victim’s credit card was also accessed and used to make an online purchase.
2. Theft, 2:00 to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 21, 2020, Michelle Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a package that was delivered to a residence. Total loss: $1,500.00.