Daily News Release – Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 2:16 a.m., Tuesday, September 10, 2019, East Orange Street at Ranck Avenue (LT) – Sean A. Coleman, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed passed out inside his vehicle with the driver’s door ajar. A citation was filed.
2. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 4:05 p.m., Wednesday, August 4, 2019, 1100 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Kenneth D. Hogg, M/64, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he entered another person’s fenced-in backyard without permission. A citation was filed.
3. Harassment Arrest, 2:19 p.m., Thursday, September 4, 2019, 1000 block North Charlotte Street (MT) – Devante Daquan King, M/21, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, King threw a cell phone at the victim which struck them in the head. A citation was filed.
4. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 2:01 p.m., Saturday, August 31, 2019, 1298 Millersville Pike – Burger King (LT) – Dennis E. Jackson, M/39, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed heavily intoxicated to the degree that he was unable to stand on his own. Jackson was also observed stumbling through the parking lot which alarmed others in the area. A citation was issued.
5. Public Drunkenness / Criminal Trespass Arrest, 2:43 p.m., Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 1201 Millersville Pike – Lancaster Township Community Park (LT) – Duane Allen Ferrell, M/30, homeless, was charged with the above offenses after he entered an enclosed fence and remained on the premise in an area where he was not authorized to be. When speaking with officers they discovered that Ferrell was heavily under the influence of alcoholic beverages. Two citations were filed.
6. DUI / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 2:28 p.m., Monday, July 30, 2019, Columbia Avenue at North President Avenue (LT) – Joseph Carl Murphy, M/46, of York, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Murphy was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. During the investigation, officers located a glass smoking device inside Murphy’s vehicle. Murphy was transported to an area hospital and a search warrant was obtained for his medical records. Murphy’s BAC was 0.245%. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Criminal Trespass, September 7 to 9, 2019, 1496 Lititz Pike – Ross Insurance Agency (MT) – Unknown person/s entered the business and moved several items around inside the office. Nothing was taken or damaged. Investigation continues.
2. Criminal Mischief, September 8 to 9, 2019, 2300 block Middlegreen Court (MT) – Unknown person/s keyed a vehicle which sat parked overnight. Total loss: $500.00.
3. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 6:20 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday, September 9, 2019, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s smashed the window of a vehicle parked overnight and entered it. Once inside, they rummaged around the interior. No items taken. Total loss: $150.00 in damages.