Daily News Release - Tuesday 7/10/2018
Daily News Release – Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 9:57 p.m., Monday, July 2, 2018, North Queen Street at McGovern Avenue (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop. Officers searched the juvenile’s vehicle which yielded marijuana and a smoking device. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
2. Possession of Marijuana Arrests, 10:38 p.m., Monday, July 2, 2018, Columbia Avenue at North School Lane (LT) – Carmen Soto, F/20, of Millersville, PA, and Alfonso Rafael-Vasquez, M/20, of Newport News, VA, were both charged with the above offense following a traffic stop. Officers searched their vehicle which yielded 30.9g of marijuana. Rafael-Vasquez was additionally charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia after he was found in possession of cigarillos and a plastic baggie containing marijuana residue. A criminal complaint was filed against Soto for Possession of Marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed against Rafael-Vasquez for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
3. Retail Theft Arrest, 4:22 p.m., Monday, July 9, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Jeffrey Walter Fisher, M/49, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $132.74 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was issued.
4. Indirect Criminal Contempt (Protection From Abuse Order Violation) Arrest, June 19 to July 1, 2018, West Airport Road & Petersburg Road (MT) – Ahmed S. Abozaid, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with three (3) counts of the above offense after he made contact with a protected person on three (3) separate occasions. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Officers located Abozaid and took him into custody without incident. He was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge, who set his bail at $2,000.00 unsecured; Abozaid was then released from custody.
5. DUI Arrest, 8:31 p.m., Monday, July 2, 2018, Schoolhouse Road at Abbeyville Road (LT) – Michael Allen Chandler, M/67, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop, after he was observed driving on two (2) flat tires. Chandler exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.231%. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. DUI Arrest, 1:25 a.m., Monday, July 9, 2018, Michelle Drive at Saint Philips Drive (LT) – Arthur James Belloccio, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop. Belloccio exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.176%. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Criminal Mischief, July 8-9, 2018, 300 block Greenview Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s scratched the driver-side door and hood of a vehicle which sat parked overnight. Total loss: $500.00.
2. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 1:00-7:05 a.m., Monday, July 9, 2018, 200 block South School Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole money and medication. Total loss: $78.00.
3. Theft By Unlawful Taking, July 6-7, 2018, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Theft of $20.00 from a purse.
4. Retail Theft, 1:32 p.m., Monday, July 9, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – An unknown white male stole $199.56 worth of merchandise from the store and fled the area. Investigation continues.