Daily News Release - Tuesday 4/17/2018
Daily News Release – Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Theft Arrest, 9:00 a.m., Sunday, April 15, 2018, 100 block Manheim Avenue (MT) – Ashley L. Wiggins, F/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she stole a black Smith & Wesson .380 caliber pistol from another person. Total loss: $380.00. A criminal complaint was filed and a warrant for Wiggins’ arrest obtained. She remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Wiggins should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit A Tip.”
2. Criminal Trespass / Disorderly Conduct / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 5:36 p.m., Monday, April 16, 2018, 900 block Shreiner Avenue (MT) – Carl Frank Musser, Jr., M/39, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he came onto the property of another uninvited and picked up a heavy bronze statue. When confronted by the homeowner, Musser threw the statue at a tree and ran towards the front door of the residence. Musser then attempted to force his way into the residence while the homeowners were trying to close and lock the door. Musser’s actions caused a disturbance and he was under the influence of an unknown substance at the time of the incident. Musser was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
3. Retail Theft Arrests, 3:43 p.m., Thursday, March 29, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Stanley Nathan Pitts, M/48, of Harrisburg, PA, and Lindsey Anne Marchand, F/34, of New Cumberland, PA, were both charged with the above offense after they were observed stealing $1,093.11 worth of merchandise and fleeing the store. A criminal complaint was filed against each person and warrants for Pitts’ and Marchand’s arrest obtained. Both remain wanted persons at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of either Pitts or Marchand should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit A Tip.”
4. DUI Arrest, 10:42 a.m., Sunday, March 25, 2018, 1492 Lititz Pike – Days Inn (MT) – Kevin Scott Goudsward, M/48, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop. Goudsward exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Goudsward refused chemical testing. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Arson, 11:52 p.m., Monday, April 16, 2018, 1400 block East King Street (LT) – Unknown person/s placed two (2) homemade Molotov Cocktails on the ground in front of a residence in this area. The cocktails did not explode and did not appear to have been thrown. No damage sustained. Investigation continues.
2. Criminal Mischief, April 14-15, 2018, 1254 Millersville Pike – A List Studio (LT) – Unknown person/s spray-painted a work van parked at the business. Total loss: $250.00.
3. Causing or Risking Catastrophe, 8:46 a.m., Monday, April 16, 2018, Michelle Drive at Jennings Drive (LT) – A maintenance worker from the Villages of Lancaster Green apartment complex located a metal can with a clock attached to it, lying in the grass alongside Michelle Drive. Initial responders concluded that the device could have been an improvised explosive device (IED). The Pennsylvania State Police Hazardous Device and Explosives unit destroyed the device using a projected water disruptor. Upon final inspection and analysis of the device, no explosives were located. A secondary search of the area yielded no other devices being found. The investigation continues.