Daily News Release – Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Retail Theft Arrest, 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 1589 Fruitville Pike – Target (MT) – Janiya Howell, F/21, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $100.00 in merchandise. A citation was filed.
2. DUI Arrest, 7:49 p.m., Thursday, March 11, 2021, 1408 Lititz Pike – Burger King (MT) – Michael Anthony Leon, M/58, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was observed unconscious behind the wheel of a vehicle, in the parking lot of the business. Leon had fallen unconscious while eating his meal inside the vehicle. Leon exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. He refused chemical testing. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 11:19 a.m., Thursday, March 11, 2021, 2200 block Blossom Valley Road (MT) – Michael Aaron Marcus, Jr., M/24, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a report of a suspicious vehicle in a neighborhood. Officers made contact with Marcus, Jr., who was seated inside the suspicious vehicle. Officers observed marijuana sitting in plain view and searched Marcus, Jr.’s vehicle, which yielded marijuana, a baggie, rolling papers, and a marijuana grinder. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Harassment Arrests, 8:09 p.m., Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 1600 block Judie Lane (LT) – Natanael M. Corcino, M/26, and Angelia O. Velez-Crespo, F/27, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at Velez-Crespo’s residence. During the altercation, Corcino and Velez-Crespo scratched and pushed each other. A citation was filed against each party.
5. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:41 p.m., Thursday, May 11, 2021, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Suani Luz Garcia-Rivera, F/24, of Akron, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was observed smoking marijuana inside a parked vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle, which yielded marijuana and a baggie. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Criminal Mischief / Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 7:41 p.m., Friday, March 12, 2021, 500 block Twinleaf Green (MT) – George T. Hicks, Jr., M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he was also observed screaming and smashing a glass door during an argument at a residence. Total loss: $150.00. Two (2) citations were filed.
7. DUI Arrest, 9:27 p.m., Sunday, March 14, 2021, Marshall Avenue at Juliette Avenue (MT) – James M. Hoffmeyer, M/28, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a stop-sign violation and a registration plate infraction. Hoffmeyer exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to driving. Hoffmeyer was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.106%. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Assault Arrests, 3:30 p.m., Monday, March 8, 2021, Wabank Road at Kensington Road (LT) – Two (2) 15-year-old juveniles, both from Lancaster, PA, were charged following a physical altercation between the two (2). The one juvenile punched the other in the face, while the other juvenile swung their backpack at the first juvenile, striking them in the head, causing significant head injury, to include a concussion. A harassment citation was filed against the first party, and a juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation against the second party.
9. DUI Arrest, 1:26 p.m., Wednesday, February 17, 2021, Route 30 East at Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Matthew Jacob Stefanic, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Stefanic exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming medications prior to driving. Stefanic was arrested and taken for a blood draw. Chemical analysis of the blood sample yielded a BAC of 0.109%, and the presence of Amphetamine and Alprazolam. A criminal complaint was filed.
10. Retail Theft / False Identification to Law Enforcement Arrest, 2:39 p.m., Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – Daisy Vasquez, F/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $77.72 worth of merchandise from the store. Vasquez fled the store, but was detained by officers a short distance away. When stopped, Vasquez provided a false name and date of birth, to conceal the fact that she had an active warrant for her arrest. Vasquez was taken to Central Arraignment on the outstanding warrant and a criminal complaint was filed for the Retail Theft offense.
11. Retail Theft Arrests, 5:07 p.m., Sunday, February 28, 2021, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Anthony Butler, Jr., M/30, of Millersville, PA, Diante Sherman Cannon, M/21, and Leroy George Brown, M/23, both of Philadelphia, PA, were charged with the above offense after they were observed stealing $1,499.63 worth of merchandise from the store. All three (3) were detained by store employees and held for police. All three (3) were arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Theft, March 1 to 15, 2021, 700 block Woodfield Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a white gold diamond engagement ring, valued at $7,000.00, from a residence.
2. Criminal Mischief, March 12 to 13, 2021, 400 block Ruth Ridge Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s kicked a green metal mailbox, causing a dent in the side. Total loss: $25.00.
3. Criminal Mischief, 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., Monday, March 15, 2021, Roosevelt Boulevard (MT) – Unknown person/s dumped wet paint onto a vehicle, which sat parked in the area.
4. Theft, 7:35 to 9:20 p.m., Monday, March 15, 2021, 1319 Millersville Pike – Planet Fitness (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a jacket from an unlocked locker at the gym. Total loss: $120.00.