Daily News Release - Tuesday 12/4/2018
Daily News Release – Tuesday, December 04, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment Arrest, 9:06 p.m., Monday, November 19, 2018, 1000 block Sterling Place (LT) – Shaliek A. Rivera, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Rivera struck the victim in the face with an open hand. A citation was filed.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 5:27 p.m., Friday, November 30, 2018, 1400 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Daryl R. Carter, M/41, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was found lying in the middle of the roadway while under the influence of a controlled substance. A citation was filed.
3. Harassment Arrest, 1:17 a.m., Sunday, December 2, 2018, 1100 block Louise Avenue (MT) – Eugene F. Sweigart, Jr., M/55, of Smoketown, PA, was charged with the above offense after he spit in the face of a victim during an argument. A citation was issued.
4. Aggravated Assault / Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 12:18 a.m., Monday, December 3, 2018, 200 block Murry Hill Drive (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at their residence. During the altercation, the juvenile assaulted two (2) different victims. The juvenile kicked the first victim in the chest and scratched their ring finger. The juvenile then bit the second victim’s forearm, which caused bruising, redness, and bleeding. When officers arrived, the juvenile punched one of the officers in the chest. The juvenile was arrested, processed, and taken to the Youth Intervention Center following a juvenile allegation being filed with Juvenile Probation.
5. Drug Arrests, 10:05 p.m., Friday, November 16, 2018, Columbia Avenue at North School Lane (LT) – Levi Alexander Brinkman, M/27, of Conestoga, PA, was the driver of a vehicle which was stopped for a faulty passenger-side headlight. Jacob P. Cummings, M/23, of Millersville, PA, was a passenger in Brinkman’s vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle which yielded marijuana, a plastic baggie, and a smoking device. A criminal complaint was filed against Brinkman for Possession of Marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed against Cummings for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
6. Harboring a Dangerous Dog / Dog Running At Large Arrest, 1:44 p.m., Friday, November 23, 2018, 2100 block Graystone Road (EP) – Dalia V. David-Rosa, F/40, of East Petersburg, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she failed to keep her dog confined to her property. While the dog was loose, it bit a person without provocation, resulting in injury. Two (2) citations were filed.
7. Harassment Arrests, 4:05 p.m., Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 115 Blue Streak Boulevard (MT) – Ileise Taliah Thomas, F/19, and a 16-year-old juvenile were both charged with the above offense after they punched another student in the head as they walked to their vehicle. A citation was filed against both parties.
8. False Reports to Law Enforcement Arrest, 10:17 a.m., Thursday, November 22, 2018, 1700 block Judie Lane (LT) – Taiji V. Golding, F/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she called police to report her vehicle being stolen. Officers later determined that Golding’s vehicle had been involved in a crash near her home. When questioned, Golding admitted that she lied about the vehicle being stolen as she feared she would lose her license because of the crash. A criminal complaint was filed.
9. Harassment Arrest, 7:55 p.m., Monday, December 3, 2018, 700 block New Holland Avenue (MT) – Manuel Rosario-Paredes, M/28, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he pushed and threatened to strike another person. A citation was filed.
10. DUI / Endangering Welfare of Children Arrest, 8:15 p.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018, 100 block West Oregon Road (MT) – Ashley T. Hilt, F/35, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash. Hilt was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Inside the vehicle, officers located Hilt’s 8-year-old child. Hilt was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.263%. A criminal complaint was filed.
11. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:21 p.m., Friday, November 30, 2018, 2200 block Olde Meadow Court (EP) – Andrew C. Jenkins, M/32, of East Petersburg, PA, was charged with the above offense following a noise complaint at his residence. Officers were invited into Jenkins’ home where they found 27.04g of marijuana, four (4) 500mg vials of cannabis oil, three (3) sheets of marijuana dab wax, a scale, a metal grinder, four (4) packs of cigars, one (1) pack of rolling papers, and one (1) vaping pen. Jenkins was arrested, processed, and released. A criminal complaint was filed.
12. DUI Arrest, 11:50 a.m., Sunday, December 2, 2018, Eden Road at Crooked Oak Drive (MT) – Scott Thomas Bryan, M/54, of Leola, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for speeding. Bryan exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.203%. A criminal complaint was filed.
13. Unlawful Restraint / Criminal Conspiracy to Commit Unlawful Restraint / Simple Assault Arrest, November 14-16, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Nicholas Anthony Pottorff, M/29, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he assisted Jordan Yost and Paul Stauffer with the kidnapping and assault of a male victim after Yost voluntarily met him at Walmart. See HERE for the original news release. While the victim was being held against his will, Pottorff ordered the victim to strip most of his clothing off and forced him into a closet. Pottorff also repeatedly kicked and punched the victim, causing injuries. Pottorff refused to allow the victim to seek medical attention for his injuries. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Pottorff remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Pottorff should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, November 29-30, 2018, 5400 block Rainbow Drive (EP) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole $5.00 in loose change.
2. Forgery, 8:08 p.m., Thursday, November 29, 2018, 1507 Lititz Pike – CVS Pharmacy (MT) – An unidentified black male attempted to fill a forged prescription at the pharmacy. Investigation continues.
3. Identity Theft, October 31, 2018, 1400 block Hollywood Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s used the victim’s information to open several fraudulent accounts and accrue charges totaling $1,093.77. Investigation continues.
4. Criminal Mischief, November 30-December 1, 2018, 1100 block Marshall Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s sprayed graffiti onto a vehicle. Total loss: $500.00.
5. Vehicle Theft, 10:59 a.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a white Ford F450 box truck as it sat parked, running, and unlocked while making a delivery at this location. The vehicle was later recovered in the Reservoir Park in Lancaster City. Total loss: $2,100.00. Investigation continues.
6. Retail Theft, 4:08 p.m., Saturday, November 24, 2018, 2074 Fruitville Pike – Hobby Lobby (MT) – An unidentified white female stole $219.96 worth of markers from the store. Investigation continues.
7. Theft, 2:00-2:45 p.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018, 862 Plaza Boulevard – Dollar Tree (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a personally-owned shopping cart and grocery bag full of recently-purchased DVDs after the owner left it unattended outside the store while she was shopping. Total loss: $120.00. Investigation continues.
8. Theft, 6:51 p.m., Friday, November 30, 2018, 1262 Millersville Pike – Big Lots (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a cellphone and wallet after the items were accidentally left in the bathroom. Total loss: $85.00.
9. Theft, 3:00-5:00 p.m., Saturday, December 1, 2018, 1492 Lititz Pike – Days Inn (MT) – Unknown person/s stole an unspecified amount of medical marijuana from a room at the hotel. Total loss: $200.00. Investigation continues.
10. Access Device Fraud, November 24-30, 2018, 2200 block Olde Meadow Court (EP) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s debit card and made $2,421.62 worth of fraudulent charges. Investigation continues.
11. Access Device Fraud, 6:48 p.m., Sunday, December 2, 2018, 600 block Rosewood Circle (MT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s credit card and made $382.40 worth of fraudulent charges. Investigation continues.
12. Burglary, November 1 to December 2, 2018, 1200 block Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Unknown person/s forced entry into a residence and stole electronics and an air conditioning unit. Total loss: $750.00. Investigation continues.
13. Criminal Mischief, December 2-3, 2018, 1700 block Stevens Street (EP) – Unknown person/s smashed the window of a vehicle which sat parked overnight. Total loss: $500.00.