Daily News Release – Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:51 a.m., Thursday, October 15, 2020, 806 New Holland Avenue – Turkey Hill (MT) – Jamie J. Roland, F/37, of York, PA, was charged with the above offense after officers were called to the store to check on her welfare. Roland had been seen sitting in the vehicle for several hours, without getting out. Officers observed drug paraphernalia in plain view and searched the vehicle. The following was discovered: four (4) glass smoking pipes, rolling papers, a marijuana grinder, and a clear cylinder containing used to house cocaine. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Harassment Arrests, 9:35 a.m., Monday, October 19, 2020, 1700 block Oregon Pike (MT) – Melissa E. Lemay, F/33, of Lancaster, PA, and Mason Greenawalt, M/26, of East Petersburg, PA, were both charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, punched each other in the face as they were driving down the road together. A citation was filed against each party.
3. DUI Arrest, 1:24 a.m., Thursday, October 15, 2020, Route 30 West at Oregon Pike (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. The juvenile driver exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to smoking marijuana prior to driving. The juvenile was arrested and taken for a blood draw. Chemical analysis of the blood sample yielded the presence of THC. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
4. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrests, 3:51 a.m., Thursday, August 20, 2020, Pintail Turn (MT) – Four (4) juveniles were charged with the above offenses after the vehicle they were traveling in was pulled over for an unrelated offense. The four (4) juveniles were passengers in the vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle which yielded marijuana, a smoking device, a marijuana grinder, and numerous bags and storage containers. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation against the following:
- A 16-year-old juvenile from Manheim, PA
- A 16-year-old juvenile from Mount Joy, PA
- A 16-year-old juvenile from Manheim, PA
- A 17-year-old juvenile from Manheim, PA
5. Furnishing Alcohol to Minor Arrests, September 28, 2018 to October 30, 2020, Pintail Turn (MT) – Two (2) juvenile siblings were charged with the above offense after they provided a location for dozens of large, underage drinking parties. Multiple named witnesses were inside the home on multiple occasions at the invitation and / or consent of the two (2) juveniles. While inside they had access to or brought with them, alcoholic beverages and marijuana for open consumption. Specific dates of notable parties were November 1, 2020, March 6, 2020, and August 20, 2020. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation against a 14-year-old juvenile, and a 15-year-old juvenile, both from Lititz, PA.
6. Endangering Welfare of Children / Corruption of Minors / Furnishing Alcohol to Minors Arrests, 3:51 a.m., Thursday, August 20, 2020, Pintail Turn (MT) – Lisa D. Makrides, F/52, and Andrew A. Makrides, M/48, both of Lititz, PA, were charged with the above offenses following numerous on-going complaints of suspected underage drinking parties and disturbances in and around their residence. The Makrides’ provided a location for their children to host repeated underage drinking parties, where dozens of children consumed alcoholic beverages and smoked marijuana with their direct knowledge or passive consent. On one (1) occasion when police came to the Makrides residence, both actively assisted children in avoiding police detection. Similarly, the Makrides’ repeatedly ignored juveniles who were consuming alcohol and smoking marijuana at their home. They removed impaired juveniles from their home without regard for their safety, and allowed their children to repeatedly host such parties, even after law enforcement became involved and investigated the incidents. Manheim Township Police responded to the Makrides residence on twenty (20) separate instances. As a result of these parties, a juvenile was involved in a DUI crash, and another juvenile fell down a set of stairs inside the home. Four (4) other juveniles left the home and were arrested for drug possession and one (1) juvenile for DUI. Despite these occurrences, the parties continued at the Makrides residence. A criminal complaint was filed October 29, 2020 against both Makrides’ and arrest warrants obtained. On Friday, October 30, 2020, Manheim Township Police arrested both Makrides’ at their residence without incident. They were processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Forgery, 8:20 to 9:00 p.m., Thursday, July 11, 2019, 1605 Lititz Pike – Member’s First Credit Union (MT) – Unknown person/s deposited a fraudulent check in the amount of $3,562.50 into the victim’s bank account. An unknown male then made numerous cash withdrawals from the credit union ATM.