Daily News Release - Thursday 8/8/2019
Daily News Release – Thursday, August 08, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Neglect of Animal Arrest, 7:37 a.m., Friday, August 2, 2019, Delp Road (MT) – Marianne M. Stehman, F/54, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she failed to provide necessary veterinary care to a dog owned by her. The dog was found with a severe dental infection, severe ear infection, a face wound, and extremely long toenails. A citation was filed.
2. Harassment / Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 11:22 a.m., Saturday, August 3, 2019, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Jonatan Ocasio-Alvarado, M/30, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at the store. During the altercation, Ocasio-Alvarado punched the victim in the back and was observed yelling at the victim. His actions alarmed others inside the store. Two (2) citations were filed.
3. Possession of Cocaine Arrest, 1:20 p.m., Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 200 block Brewster Drive (LT) – Nelson Manuel Nieves-Ortiz, M/32, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after officers observed cocaine sitting in plain view inside his vehicle. Nieves-Ortiz was inside the vehicle at the time. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Aggravated Assault on Police Officer / Institutional Vandalism / Resisting Arrest, 4:50 a.m., Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 900 block Suffolk Drive (MT) – Collin S. Welk, M/29, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a disturbance at his residence. As officers were attempting to take Welk into physical custody, he resisted by not complying with commands from the officers. Welk then struck an officer two (2) times in the leg using his knee. When the officer attempted to place Welk into the rear area of a police vehicle, he kicked the officer in the stomach. Once inside the police vehicle, Welk kicked at the rear doors and windows multiple times, causing serious damage. Welk was processed and arraigned before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller, who set his bail at $25,000.00, which he could not post. Welk was remanded to Lancaster County Prison to await his preliminary hearing.
5. Simple Assault / DUI Arrest, 3:01 a.m., Friday, July 26, 2019, 1500 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Domonic R. Bowers, M/23, of Pequea, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a road rage incident. Bowers had been tailgating and shining his vehicle’s high beams at another driver upon the roadway. Bowers then pulled up alongside the other vehicle and aimed a black pistol out the window directly at the occupants of the other vehicle. Officers located Bowers nearby and found him to be exhibiting signs of impairment; he also admitted to using methamphetamines. Bowers was arrested and during a search incident to the arrest, was found in possession of a black pellet gun. He was processed and released to a family member.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Nothing to Report.