Daily News Release – Thursday, August 16, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Soliciting Arrest, 9:20 p.m., Wednesday, August 15, 2018, Chester Road at Fruitville Pike (MT) – Elam S. King, M/66, of Leola, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed soliciting money from passing motorists. A citation was issued.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 1:24 a.m., Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 222 Eden Road – Eden Resort Inn (MT) – Jesse Tyler Hanth, M/27, of Pottstown, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed unconscious in a flower bed after consuming a large quantity of alcohol. A citation was issued.
3. Dog Law Violation Arrest, 12:58 p.m., Monday, August 13, 2018, 1700 block New Holland Pike (MT) – Charles R. Behm, Jr., M/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he permitted his dog to run loose. Behm had previously been warned for the same offense. A citation was filed.
4. Retail Theft Arrest, 4:43p.m., Sunday, August 12, 2018, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – A 17-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offense after they were observed stealing $15.95 worth of merchandise from the store. The juvenile was released to a parent and a citation was filed.
5. Dog Law Arrest, 10:53 p.m., Sunday, August 12, 2018, 200 block Perthshire Drive (LT) – Joseph M. Anavitate, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he failed to keep his dog confined to his property. The dog was found running loose on his neighbor’s property. Anavitate was charged for an identical offense earlier in the same day. A citation was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Jose Ruben Rosa-Romero, M/38, homeless was charged with the above offense following two (2) incidents of Retail Theft.
- 6:29 p.m., Tuesday, July 24, 2018 – Rosa-Romero entered the store, stole $178.00 worth of electronics, and fled the area.
- 2:13 p.m., Wednesday, July 25, 2018 – Rosa-Romero entered the store, stole $178.00 worth of electronics, and fled the area.
A criminal complaint was filed for the above two (2) offenses and an arrest warrant obtained. Rosa-Romero was later located and arraigned before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller. He was remanded to Lancaster County Prison after failing to post $10,000.00 bail.
1. Vehicle Theft, 5:00-8:00 a.m., Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 500 block Kensington Road (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a yellow 2003 Suzuki motorcycle as it sat parked in a parking lot. Total loss: $3,000.00.
2. Burglary, August 12-15, 2018, Waverly Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked apartment and stole a Ruger LC9 pistol. Total loss: $450.00.