Daily News Release – Thursday, July 25, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle Arrests / Loitering and Prowling at Nighttime / Curfew Arrests, 4:24 a.m., Sunday, July 21, 2019, 1500 block Penrose Avenue (LT) – A 16-year-old juvenile and a 17-year-old juvenile, both from Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offenses after they were observed breaking into a vehicle parked in the area. Officers determined that the juveniles had entered two (2) vehicles and had taken $100.00 worth of property. Both were arrested, processed, and released to an adult. A juvenile allegation was filed against both parties through Juvenile Probation.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 9:10 p.m., Saturday, July 20, 2019, 1300 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Douglas A. Givler, M/52, of Washington Boro, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed heavily intoxicated in a public place, which disturbed others. A citation was issued.
3. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 12:40 a.m., Sunday, July 21, 2019, New Danville Pike at Second Lock Road (LT) – David Lee Ramirez, M/38, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed staggering along the roadway and then passed out in the shoulder. Ramirez was under the influence of alcohol at the time. A citation was issued.
4. Harassment Arrest, 8:20 p.m., Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 1000 block Lititz Avenue (MT) – Kayla Marie Taska, F/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she smacked and punched the victim in the face. A citation was issued.
5. Harassment Arrest, 9:50 p.m., July 20, 2019, 1600 block Judie Lane (LT) – Nevaeh M. Neal, F/18, of Conestoga, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Neal struck and scratched the victim. A citation was filed.
6. Disorderly Conduct Arrests, 5:45 p.m., Monday, July 15, 2019, 1200 block East King Street (LT) – Justin Lee Haldeman, M/27, and Brandon Paul Haldeman, M/27, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense after they engaged in a physical fight with one another which alarmed others in the area. A citation was filed against each party.
1. Vehicle Theft, July 23 to 24, 2019, 1300 block Meadowcreek Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe as it sat parked overnight at a residence. Total loss: $20,052.00. Investigation continues.
2. Vehicle Theft, July 23 to 24, 2019, 700 block Wyncroft Terrace (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a 2004 Ford Escape as it sat parked overnight at a residence. The vehicle was later recovered in Lancaster City after being involved in a crash. Total loss: $1,000.00. Investigation continues.
3. Theft, July 22 to 23, 2019, 1000 block Woods Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a bicycle from the front porch of a residence sometime overnight. Total loss: $250.00.
4. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 24, 2019, Route 30 West at Route 283 West (MT) – Officers performed a selective traffic enforcement detail in Manheim Township as part of the PA Aggressive Driving Campaign. During this time period, twenty-two (22) motorists were stopped resulting in twenty-one (21) citations and one (1) written warning being issued for various moving and equipment violations.
5. Criminal Mischief, July 23 to 24, 2019, 5400 block Rainbow Drive (EP) – Unknown person/s scratched the paint of a vehicle as it sat parked on the roadway. Total loss: $600.00.
6. Theft From Motor Vehicle, July 23 to 24, 2019, Parkside Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle as it sat parked overnight and stole a pair of headphones. Total loss: $80.00.