Daily News Release - Thursday 7/11/2019
Daily News Release – Thursday, July 11, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 11:21 p.m., Monday, July 8, 2019, 1100 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Stanley K. Hess, M/68, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed heavily under the influence of alcohol and in possession of a bottle of vodka. A citation was filed.
2. Dog Leash Ordinance Violation Arrest, 8:39 p.m., Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 2042 Lititz Pike – Overlook Park (MT) – Mark A. Wingerd, M/66, of New Holland, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed permitting his seven (7) dogs to run at large on the grounds of the park. Numerous complaints were received about the dogs. A citation was filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrests, 11:26 p.m., Friday, July 5, 2019, 2200 Northbrook Drive – Stoner Park (MT) – Madison Kylie Mathew, F/19, and Nina Sophia Aungst, F/19, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offenses after they were located inside a vehicle in the Township park after hours. Officers searched the vehicle and located marijuana, a pill bottle, and two (2) smoking devices. A criminal complaint was filed against each party.
4. Noise Ordinance Violation Arrests, Sunday, July 7, 2019, 1500 block Passey Lane (LT) – Angel R. Pacheco-Rivera, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with two (2) counts of the above offense following two (2) instances of a noise complaint at his residence. At 12:16 a.m., officers were dispatched to Pacheco-Rivera’s residence for a loud party. Upon arrival, officers confirmed the loud party, ordered him to shut it down, and left. At 1:07 a.m., officers were again dispatched to Pacheco-Rivera’s residence for an identical complaint. Upon arrival, officers found the party was still on-going. Officers shut the party at the second complaint. Two (2) citations were filed against Pacheco-Rivera as he had been previously warned for the same offense on a prior occasion.
5. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 9:27 p.m., Saturday, July 6, 2019, 1201 Millersville Pike – Lancaster Township Community Park (LT) – Kenneth James Katelan, M/18, of Mountville, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he was located inside a vehicle in the Township park after hours. Officers searched Katelan’s vehicle which yielded marijuana and a metal marijuana grinder. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Harassment Arrest, 11:09 a.m., Friday, July 5, 2019, 3000 block Aster Lane (MT) – Tanzania Melishia Johns, F/27, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Johns grabbed the victim by the arm, which resulted in a scratch. A citation was filed.
7. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 5:30 p.m., Thursday, July 4, 2019, Columbia Avenue at Atkins Avenue (LT) – Richard T. Sweeney, M/34, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a driver’s license infraction (suspended). Officers searched Sweeney’s vehicle which yielded marijuana, a plastic baggie, a pill bottle, and a digital scale. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:44 p.m., Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Joshua S. Kauffman, M/18, of Strasburg, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for an inspection sticker infraction. Officers searched Kauffman’s vehicle which yielded marijuana, two (2) smoking devices, a metal marijuana grinder, and a pill container. A criminal complaint was filed.
9. Strangulation / Criminal Mischief / Simple Assault Arrest, 1:21 a.m., Friday, July 5, 2019, 1400 block Passey Lane (LT) – Julian Andrew Rodriguez, M/28, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Rodriguez put the victim into a choke hold and applied pressure to the neck. Rodriguez also dragged the victim around the inside of the residence. The victim had four (4) discernable, red, finger marks around their neck from being choked, as well as red lumps on several locations on the face. Officers also found broken glass all over the floor, a smashed television in the living room, torn couches from being stabbed and cut with kitchen knives, ripped window curtains, thrown clothing / sneakers, and various other household items thrown about the residence. Rodriguez was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Criminal Mischief, July 8 to 9, 2019, Pintail Turn (MT) – Unknown person/s knocked over a concrete water fountain during the overnight hours resulting in an unknown amount of damage.
2. Vehicle Theft, 8:45 to 8:54 p.m., Monday, July 8, 2019, West Street (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a 1993 Honda CBR motorcycle as it sat parked. Total loss: $1,000.00. Investigation continues.
3. Retail Theft, 5:10 p.m., Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 2074 Fruitville Pike – Hobby Lobby (MT) – Three (3) unknown persons stole $948.75 worth of merchandise from the store. The incident was captured and later discovered using the store’s surveillance system. Investigation continues.
4. Theft, July 5 to 10, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Unknown person/s stole $15.00 from a dresser.