Daily News Release - Thursday 6/20/2019
Daily News Release – June 20, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Retail Theft / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 9:20 a.m., Friday, June 14, 2019, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Maryann M. Deatrick, F/57, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was observed stealing $20.60 worth of merchandise from the store. Deatrick was also observed stumbling inside the store and fell on the sidewalk outside after being found under the influence of alcohol and prescription medications. Two (2) citations were issued and Deatrick was released at the scene.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 2:21 a.m., Sunday, June 16, 2019, Harrisburg Pike at Landis Avenue (MT) – Ernest Ray Cundiff, Jr., M/58, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stumbling on the sidewalk and yelling in public. Officers determined that Cundiff, Jr. was under the influence of alcohol. A citation was issued and Cundiff, Jr. was released to another party at the scene.
3. DUI / Simple Assault / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:36 p.m., Sunday, June 16, 2019, 1600 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Scott Michael Young, M/40, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a report of persons fighting in a parking lot. Officers determined that Young drove a vehicle, in a reckless manner, to the location and engaged in a physical fight with another male. During the fight, Young displayed an opened, folded pocket knife, and had been waving it around in a slashing motion. Young was also found to be under the influence of alcohol and was arrested. During a search incident to arrest, Young was found in possession of marijuana and glass smoking device. Young refused chemical testing. He was taken to Central Arraignment.
4. Theft By Deception Arrest, April 16, 2019, 1700 block Millersville Pike (LT) – Corey R. Burns, M/34, of Dallastown, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was given a check in the amount of $4,493.00 to purchase materials for a construction job. Burns never returned to do the job nor did he return the money. Burns was questioned and admitted his involvement with this incident. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Burns surrendered to Magisterial District Judge Mary M. Sponaugle’s office on Wednesday, June 19, 2019. Burns was arraigned and his bail was set at $50,000.00 unsecured. Burns was released. His preliminary hearing is still pending at this time.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Criminal Mischief, June 17 to 18, 2019, 900 block Eden Road (MT) – Unknown person/s spray-painted the side of a barn. Total loss: $100.00.