Daily News Release – Thursday, May 14, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. DUI Arrest, 8:26 p.m., Wednesday, April 29, 2020, Route 30 East at New Holland Pike (MT) – Benjamin O. Lynam, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for speeding and erratic driving. Lynam exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Officers searched Lynam’s vehicle which yielded a metal smoking device. Chemical testing of Lynam’s blood yielded THC. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 9:56 p.m., Thursday, May 7, 2020, 1600 block Wabank Road (LT) – Jesse E. Martinez, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed yelling at another person, which alarmed others in the area. A citation was filed.
3. Escape / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 11:48 p.m., Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 1300 block Wabank Road (LT) – A 17-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after an officer on patrol observed the juvenile out past curfew. The officer stopped the juvenile and patted him down. In doing so, the officer located a bag of marijuana. The officer detained the juvenile and attempted to make contact with his parents. The juvenile fled the detention on foot and was captured after a brief foot pursuit. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
4. Harassment Arrest, 1:36 p.m., Friday, May 8, 2020, 2600 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Victor Manuel Lopez, M/39, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Lopez slapped another person in the face and then shoved them. A citation was filed.
5. Retail Theft Arrest, 5:42 p.m., Friday, May 8, 2020, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Rakim N. Williams, M/22, of Manheim, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $152.21 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:43 p.m., Monday, May 11, 2020, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Katherine Elizabeth Spidle, F/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $82.25 worth of merchandise from the store. She was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
7. Resisting Arrest / Disorderly Conduct / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 9:43 p.m., Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 806 New Holland Avenue – Turkey Hill (MT) – Kullen Markus Weaver, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a disturbance at the convenience store. Weaver was observed yelling and spitting at customers, while consuming beer and throwing the beer cans around the area. Officers located Weaver, who attempted to walk away upon seeing the police. An officer grabbed ahold of Weaver, who pulled away and began to resist the officer. The officer told Weaver that he was under arrest, and he continued to physically resist, until he was taken to the ground. Weaver was screaming and causing a disturbance that alarmed others in the area, who witnessed the event. Weaver was placed in a police vehicle, where he continued to scream and cause a disturbance. Weaver had an odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath during the incident. He was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, May 11 to 12, 2020, 500 block Atkins Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole $5.00 in change.