Daily News Release - Thursday 4/25/2019
Daily News Release – Thursday, April 25, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 2:32 a.m., Sunday, April 21, 2019, 1100 block Marshall Avenue (MT) – Kadeem T. McEwan-Jones, M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed on the side of the road yelling at and pushing a female, which woke and disturbed neighbors. A citation was filed.
2. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 3:47 a.m., Monday, April 22, 2019, 1100 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Amy R. Queen, F/37, homeless, was charged with the above offense after she was observed making unreasonable noise which alarmed three (3) people, one (1) of which was woken from sleep. A citation was issued.
3. Harassment Arrest, 8:55 p.m., Friday, April 19, 2019, Cold Stream Drive (LT) – Katie M. Chant, F/30, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Chant pushed the victim to the ground which caused an injury to the victim’s hand. A citation was filed.
4. Disorderly Conduct Arrests, 1:54 a.m., Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 900 block South Prince Street (LT) – Officers arrested five (5) people following a physical altercation. The five (5) people engaged in a mutual fight and caused a disturbance. Citations were filed against the following:
- Amber Marie Simmons, F/25, of Schaefferstown, PA
- Miriam E. Rodriguez-Cruz, F/31, of Lancaster, PA
- Germany Figueroa, F/26, of Lancaster, PA
- Pedro A. Lebron, M/37, of Lancaster, PA
- Amanda L. Stern, F/30, of Lancaster, PA
5. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:26 a.m., Wednesday, April 24, 2019, Martha Avenue at Fountain Avenue (MT) – Eric Omar Gonzales, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a suspended driver’s license. Officers searched Gonzales’ vehicle which yielded marijuana, a THC oil cartridge, and a vape pen. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Drug Arrest, 6:18 p.m., Saturday, April 20, 2019, North President Avenue at Buchanan Avenue (LT) – Jeremiah Lee Pratt, M/27, of Lancaster, PA, and Elizabeth I. Eaves, F/39, of Mountville, PA, were charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an inoperable brake lamp. Officers searched their vehicle which yielded marijuana in Pratt’s possession and marijuana, a marijuana grinder, packaging, and two (2) smoking devices in Eaves’ possession. A criminal complaint was filed against each party.
7. Harassment Arrest, 10:36 a.m., Saturday, April 20, 2019, 1700 block Judie Lane (LT) – Jessica Velazquez-Torres, F/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with two (2) counts of the above offense following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Velazquez-Torres scratched the faces of two (2) separate victims. Two (2) citations were filed.
8. Endangering the Welfare of Children / DUI Arrest, 12:40 a.m., Sunday, April 21, 2019, 200 block Second Lock Road (LT) – Patrisha K. James, F/33, of Etters, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a check on the welfare incident. James was observed walking along the road with her two (2) children after her vehicle became stuck on an embankment. James exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming beer. Officers also located an open beer container inside the vehicle. James was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.142%. She was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
9. Retail Theft / Disorderly Conduct / Harassment Arrest, 3:30 p.m., Saturday, April 20, 2019, 1589 Fruitville Pike (MT) – Melissa A. Hairston, F/51, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was observed stealing $149.00 worth of merchandise from the store. When confronted by store personnel, Hairston shoved one (1) employee approximately four (4) times and caused a disturbance inside the front vestibule of the store, which alarmed other customers. She was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
10. Sexual Abuse of Children / Criminal Use of Communication Facility / Megan’s Law Violation – Failure to Comply With Registration Requirements Arrest, March 29 to April 3, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – William Anthony Thomas, M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he was found in possession of the following:
- Thirteen (13) images of child pornography on one (1) cell phone
- One hundred and forty-nine (149) images of child pornography on a second (2nd) cell phone
- Three (3) valid email addresses which he was maintaining and using to hide, store, and transfer child pornography.
Thomas used the above two (2) cell phones and the internet to commit, cause, or facilitate the commission of Sexual Abuse of Children, Possession and / or Dissemination of Child Pornography with indecent contact, a felony of the 3rd degree. A criminal complaint was filed as Thomas was already being detained at Lancaster County Prison on unrelated charges.
11. Drug Delivery Resulting in Death / Criminal Use of Communication Facility Arrest, 5:30 a.m., Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 2800 block Blacksmith Way (MT) – Daniel Malena Velez, Jr., M/20, of Mount Carmel, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he sold a 33-year-old male from Lancaster, PA, heroin / fentanyl. The victim later ingested the heroin / fentanyl and died as a result of these substances. During the course of the victim’s death investigation, detectives learned that Velez used a cellular telephone to communicate with the victim to coordinate a time and place to meet for an illicit drug transaction. This transaction led to the victim obtaining and subsequently ingesting the heroin / fentanyl which led to his death. A criminal complaint was filed as Velez was already being detained at Lancaster County Prison on unrelated charges.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, April 23-24, 2019, 1300 block Rose Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle as it sat parked overnight and stole $615.00 worth of property.
2. Retail Theft, 2:35 p.m., Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 1571 Fruitville Pike – Carter’s (MT) – Two (2) unknown black females and one (1) unknown black male stole $507.60 worth of clothing from the store and fled. Investigation continues.
3. Theft From Motor Vehicle, April 23-24, 2019, Atkins Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle as it sat parked overnight and stole $50.00 worht of property.