Daily News Release – Thursday, March 4, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. DUI Arrest, 9:48 p.m., Saturday, February 27, 2021, Route 222 South at Oregon Pike (MT) – David W. Jones, M/45, of Dear, DE, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving and speeding. Jones exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 9:39 p.m., Tuesday, March 2, 2021, Judie Lane at Michelle Drive (LT) – Jeremy Mercado-Santiago, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a registration plate infraction. Officers searched Mercado-Santiago’s vehicle, which yielded marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 11:24 a.m., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 100 block Abbeyville Road (LT) – Alexis Martinez, M/35, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a driver’s license infraction and illegal window tinting. Officers patted down Martinez for officer safety, and found him in possession of marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Theft / Harassment Arrest, 5:09 p.m., Sunday, February 28, 2021, 300 block Waterford Court (LT) – Corry Maurice Brooks, M/32, of Manchester, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Brooks grabbed another person by their hair and dragged them around the residence. The victim was able to flee to a neighbor’s house. While unattended, Brooks stole the victim’s cell phone, valued at $250.00. Brooks fled the residence prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed. The victim later received a Protection From Abuse Order against Brooks.
5. Indirect Criminal Contempt (Protection From Abuse Order Violation) Arrest, 8:53 p.m., Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 300 block of Waterford Court (LT) – Corry Maurice Brooks, M/32, of Manchester, PA, was charged with four (4) counts of the above offense after he repeatedly contacted a protected person. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Theft By Deception, March 1 to 2, 2021, 1000 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s defrauded the victim out of $11,000.00 after convincing the victim that they were from Microsoft and were trying to fix the victim’s computer.
2. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 12:00 to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 3, 2021, Route 30 at New Holland Pike and McGovernville Road at McGovernville Road (MT) – Officers performed a speed enforcement detail on Route 30 and a stop-sign enforcement detail on McGovernville road during the above listed time. Twenty-four (24) motorists were stopped resulting in eight (8) citations and sixteen (16) written warnings being issued.