Daily News Release – Thursday, February 27, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 9:41 a.m., Thursday, February 20, 2020, Route 30 West at Lititz Pike (MT) – Alrashan Jones, M/20, of South Williamsport, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for speeding. Officers searched Jones’ vehicle which yielded marijuana and cut open cigars used to smoke marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Simple Assault Arrest, 9:00 p.m., Sunday, February 23, 2020, 1000 block Grofftown Road (MT) – Mark Anthony Ressel, M/48, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Ressel struck the victim on the right side of the face and right upper arm, causing bruising. Ressel fled prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Ressel remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Ressel should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
1. Access Device Fraud, 4:47 a.m., Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 100 block Knollwood Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s were able to clone the victim’s credit card and use it to make a series of fraudulent purchases totaling $523.91.
2. Retail Theft, 11:28 a.m., Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – An unknown male entered the store and stole $13.78 worth of health and beauty products.
3. Access Device Fraud, 11:23 a.m., Thursday, February 6, 2020, 200 block Rhoda Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s used the victim’s credit card to make a series of fraudulent purchases totaling $1,599.76.
4. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer, 10:38 p.m., Wednesday, February 26, 2020, Fifth Street (LT) – A officer on patrol observed a black 2017 Ford Escape on Fifth Street, which had been reported as stolen. As the officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop, the vehicle fled at a high rate of speed, traveling into Lancaster City. Given the high rate of speed, the officer did not pursue the vehicle.