Daily News Release - Thursday 1/24/2019
Daily News Release – Thursday, January 24, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 2:40 a.m., Thursday, January 24, 2019, 1021 Dillerville Road – Waffle House (MT) – Charles D. Jackson, M/25, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he became angry at staff and started yelling. Jackson’s actions frightened customers in the restaurant who fled in fear. A citation was filed.
2. Illegal Use of Solvents / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 8:59 p.m., Friday, January 18, 2019, 1258 Millersville Pike – Spot USA (LT) – Jessica Autumn Franks, F/30, of Mountville, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was found unconscious on the sidewalk in front of the store. When officers arrived, they observed Franks in a semi-state of consciousness due to her inhaling compressed air cleaner. While attempting to rouse her, Franks rolled over and inhaled additional product in front of the officers. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 7:47 a.m., Friday, January 18, 2019, Charles Road at Millersville Pike (LT) – Jean Jones, M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a stop sign violation. Officers searched Jones’ vehicle which yielded a small, brass smoking device. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. DUI / Possession of Cocaine / Possession of Marijuana / Tampering with Evidence Arrest, 8:47 a.m., Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 100 block North Broad Street (LT) – Marckenson J. Cile, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for suspicious activity. Upon approach by the officer, marijuana smoke was billowing from the vehicle, Cile admitted to smoking marijuana, and appeared under the influence. He consented to, and performed poorly on, standard field sobriety tests. Cile was arrested and taken back to the police station. While in custody, Cile requested to use the bathroom and was found to be removing drugs from his crotch. Officers seized marijuana and cocaine from Cile’s person. He was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
5. Simple Assault Arrest, 11:30 p.m., Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 300 block Copley Drive (MT) – Wendy Ann Kozma, F/49, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Kozma hit, scratched, and stomped on the victim. The victim sustained scratches to their forehead, chest, side, forearms, and legs. The victim also had black scuff marks on their ankles from Kozma stomping on them with her black leather boots. Kozma was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
6. Endangering Welfare of Children / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 11:50 a.m., Wednesday, January 23 2019, 832 Plaza Boulevard – TJ Maxx (MT) – Adriano Bistel-Cruz, M/21, of Columbia, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he left a 4-year-old child un attended in a running vehicle which was unlocked in the parking lot of the store. Bistel-Cruz left marijuana within reach of the child inside the vehicle and did not have a proper child safety seat for the child. He was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
7. Retail Theft Arrest, 2:39 p.m., Saturday, January 5, 2019, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – Ulyssa Jane Figueroa, F/25, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $115.50 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was filed.
8. Escape / False Identification to Law Enforcement / Possession of Methamphetamine / Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Criminal Trespass Arrest, 2:51 a.m., Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 1319 Millersville Pike – Planet Fitness (LT) – Amber Darlene Johnson, F/31, homeless, was charged with the above offenses after she was found trespassing inside the gym. Johnson, who was found to not be a member or guest of the gym, was found in a shower stall with three (3) hypodermic needles, a baggie containing methamphetamine, and a bundle and a half of heroin. Johnson was arrested and provided a false name and date of birth when questioned by officers. Johnson was led outside to an awaiting police vehicle when she suddenly pulled away from the arresting officer and began running away while handcuffed. Johnson was soon stopped and detained in the vehicle. She was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Selective Enforcement Detail, 12:31 p.m., Monday, January 21, 2019, Graystone Road at Hollow Drive (EP) – Officers performed a speed check and enforced the 25 MPH speed limit. Seven (7) motorists were stopped and issued citations for speeding. The highest recorded speed was 45 MPH.
2. Selective Enforcement Detail, 12:57 p.m., Tuesday, January 22, 2019, Graystone Road at Hollow Drive (EP) – Officers performed a speed check and enforced the 25 MPH speed limit. Ten (10) motorists were stopped and issued citations for speeding. The highest recorded speed was 47 MPH.