Daily News Release - Thursday 1/10/2019
Daily News Release – Thursday, January 10, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Terroristic Threats / False Reports to Law Enforcement / Harassment Arrest, 10:01 p.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2019, Valley Road (MT) – Joshua Richard Hyle, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Hyle struck the victim the chest causing a red mark. While officers were on scene, Hyle repeatedly made a false statement where he accused the above victim of striking him in the face. While in police custody, Hyle told police that he would run them over with his vehicle when he saw them outside the police station. He was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
2. Retail Theft Arrest, 1:43 p.m., Monday, December 31, 2018, 1633 Lititz Pike – Vincent & Company Fine Jewelers (MT) – Christopher Ryan Tone, M/34, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he stole a 24-inch, 14-karat, yellow gold mariner link style chain from the store. The total value of the necklace was $2,995.00. Tone was identified from tips received from the community and a photo array presented to store personnel. Officers attempted to located Tone but were unsuccessful. On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, Tone came to the Manheim Township Police Department to turn himself in. A criminal complaint was prepared and taken before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller, along with Tone. MDJ Miller arraigned Tone and set bail at $100,000.00 which he could not post. Tone was remanded to Lancaster County Prison.
3. Retail Theft Arrest, 12:48 p.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Russell Allen Tyson, II, M/25, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he stole $109.21 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was issued.
4. Criminal Trespass / Harassment Arrest, 6:40 p.m., Sunday, January 5, 2019, 1700 block Judie Lane (LT) – Ezra Lee Barlow, M/24, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at the residence of a former acquaintance. During the altercation, Barlow struck the victim in the left cheek area twice with his face. Barlow fled after striking the victim. Through the course of this investigation, officers learned that Barlow had previously been issued a notice of trespass from property by the property owner. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. DUI Arrest, 2:42 a.m., Saturday, January 5, 2019, 1117 Harrisburg Pike – Wendy’s (MT) – Manuel R. Amparo, M/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a complaint of an unconscious person in a vehicle in the drive-thru. Amparo was unconscious upon the arrival of police and exhibited signs of impairment. He was arrested but refused chemical testing. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Death Investigation, 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 1320 Harrisburg Pike – America’s Best Value Inn (MT) – Officers were dispatched to the hotel after two persons were found deceased inside one of the rooms. This investigation is on-going and no further details are being released at this time.
2. Theft By Deception, 10:36 a.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 108 West Airport Road – Arro Consulting (MT) – An unidentified person sent an email to an employee of the company, claiming to be the CEO. The email instructed the employee to purchase $1,500.00 worth of Apple iTunes gift cards for the other employees in the business. The employee was instructed to provide the gift card numbers to the email sender; they did so. This was determined to be a scam and the cards were cancelled but only after $100.00 was taken from one of the cards. Investigation continues.
3. Retail Theft, 12:23 p.m., Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – An unknown white male entered the store and stole a can of compressed air. Loss unknown. Investigation continues.