Daily News Release - Sunday 6/10/2018
Daily News Release – Sunday, June 10, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 6:15 a.m., Thursday, May 31, 2018, 1492 Lititz Pike – Days Inn (MT) – Jesse T. Hanth, M/27, of Pottstown, PA, was charged with the above offense after where he was found intoxicated in the lobby of the hotel, where he was not a guest. Hanth had also urinated himself and alarmed others in the area. A citation was issued.
2. Aggravated Indecent Assault / Unlawful Contact with a Minor / Indecent Assault / Corruption of Minors / Indecent Exposure Arrest, January 2015 through February 2017, East Liberty Street (MT) – James Alvaraez Beam, M/36, of Brunswick, GA, was charged with the above offense after a child made a disclosure to their mother regarding sexual abuse they sustained from another family member. On May 29, 2018, a criminal complaint was filed against Beam and an arrest warrant obtained. On May 30, 2018 Beam was arrested in Georgia and extradited to Pennsylvania. On June 8, 2018, Beam arrived in Pennsylvania, was arraigned, and remanded to Lancaster County Prison.
3. Simple Assault Arrest, 3:30 a.m., Saturday, June 9, 2018, Conestoga Road (LT) – Carlito Montanez, M/55, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Montanez struck another family member in the face with a long, metal pole, which caused injury. Montanez was also intoxicated at the time. He was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
4. Simple Assault / Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 4:59 p.m., Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 1300 block Glen Moore Circle (MT) – Juan Colon, M/44, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he punched a juvenile in the face, causing injury. The incident was observed by witnesses, who became alarmed. During the police investigation, it was determined that Colon had also punched another juvenile at or near the same date and time. This second victim also exhibited injuries. When questioned by police, Colon admitted his involvement with this incident. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Theft By Deception Arrest, 11:06 a.m., Saturday, May 26, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Christina M. Beck, F/33, of Ephrata, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed selecting merchandise from the shelf and attempted to “return it” in order to obtain cash. When questioned by police, Beck admitted her involvement with this incident. Total loss: $9.88. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Theft By Unlawful Taking Arrest, 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 806 New Holland Avenue – Turkey Hill (MT) – Crystal R. Zook, F/28, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following an investigation into employee theft. Zook, a cashier of Turkey Hill, was observed stealing lottery tickets from the store. Zook then used a winning lottery ticket to obtain cash and purchase merchandise. Total loss: $225.00. When questioned by police, Zook admitted his involvement with this incident. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Institutional Vandalism, June 5-8, 2018, 901 Eden Road – Lancaster Bible College (MT) – A shed was damaged. Total loss: $30.00.
2. Theft, June 7-8, 2018, 1000 block North Duke Street (MT) – Theft of a trash tote. Total loss: $100.00.
3. Disorderly Conduct, 6:34 p.m., Friday, June 8, 2018, 862 Plaza Boulevard – Dollar Tree (MT) – A white/Hispanic female and a Hispanic male caused a disturbance in the checkout line of the store. Both were observed yelling and throwing merchandise. They fled the store prior to police arrival. Investigation continues.
4. Theft, 10:35 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Friday, June 8, 2018, 600 block Richmond Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole two (2) hoverboards and an electric scooter. Total loss: $800.00.
5. Identity Theft, 8:31 p.m., Thursday, June 7, 2018, 300 block Meetinghouse Lane (MT) – A citizen reported that an unknown person made several purchases to the victim’s T-Mobile cell phone account without their permission. It was discovered that the suspect was fraudulently using the victim’s identity. Total loss: $1,639.97. Investigation continues.
6. Criminal Mischief, June 6-7, 2018, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s caused damage to a mailbox. Total loss: $30.00.
7. Retail Theft, 3:05 p.m., June 9, 2018, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – An unknown male attempted to steal $334.82 worth of merchandise from the store but was stopped by employees. The male fled when confronted, leaving the merchandise behind. Investigation continues.
8. Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property, 6:00-7:18 p.m., Friday, June 8, 2018, 1252 Millersville Pike – King’s Vapor (LT) – Theft of a cell phone that was accidentally left at the store by the owner. Total loss: $260.00.