Daily News Release – Sunday, February 28, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Disorderly Conduct Arrests, 4:40 p.m., Friday, February 19, 2021, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Bilal Azeez, M/30, and Haydar Rushdi, M/42, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense after they engaged in a mutual physical fight inside the store. Their actions alarmed other patrons, who were shopping at the time. A citation was filed against each party.
2. DUI / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 2:59 a.m., Sunday, January 31, 2021, Route 222 North at Mile Marker 33.4 (MT) – Sarah-Elizabeth Reed Pharris, F/26, of Oley, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a crash investigation. Pharris was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Officers searched Pharris’ vehicle, which yielded two (2) glass smoking devices. Pharris was arrested and a blood sample obtained. Chemical analysis yielded THC in the sample. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. DUI Arrest, 3:27 a.m., Sunday, February 21, 2021, 200 block Bucky Drive (MT) – Andrew James Hart, M/45, of East Petersburg, PA, was charged with the above offense after his vehicle lost control in the snow, and became stuck in a snow bank. Hart exhibited signs of impairment, and Hart admitted consuming alcoholic beverages prior to becoming stuck. Hart was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.237%. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Disorderly Conduct / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 6:57 p.m., Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 100 block Tanglewood Lane (MT) – Kaytlynn Elizabeth Leonard, F/20, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was observed yelling and screaming outside of a residence. Leonard was also observed kicking at the front door. Officers approached and attempted to calm Leonard down, but she refused. In speaking with Leonard, officers determined that she was under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. Leonard was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
5. Strangulation / Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 2:58 a.m., Monday, February 22, 2021, 1000 block Center Avenue (MT) – Nathan E. Grove, M/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Grove strangled another person on three (3) separate occasions, to the point where the victim experienced difficulty breathing. Grove also struck and scratched the victim on the head, face, and arms, causing injury. Grove was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 7:00 to 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 1700 block Eden Road (MT) – Officers performed a speed enforcement detail at this time and location. During this time period, sixteen (16) motorists were stopped resulting in ten (10) citations and eight (8) written warnings. The highest recorded speed was 50 MPH in this 25 MPH posted zone.
2. Access Device Fraud, 2:30 p.m., Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 200 block Eliot Street (LT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s debit card and used it to make $119.00 worth of fraudulent charges.
3. Retail Theft, 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 1589 Fruitville Pike – Target (MT) – An unknown white male stole a Shark Mop vacuum, valued at $100.00, from the store.
4. Theft By Extortion, 1:00 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 100 block Canterbury Turn (MT) – Unknown person/s called the victim, and instructed the victim to purchase $1,250.00 worth of gift cards, and provide the card information to the caller. The caller threatened to release information about the victim onto the internet.
5. Theft By Deception, 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 500 block Prince George Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s called the victim and reported that one of the victim’s employees had been kidnapped. The caller demanded money from the victim. The victim sent $250.00 to the caller via Western Union. It was later determined that this was a scam.
6. Criminal Mischief, February 23 to 24, 2021, 500 block Candlewyck Road (MT) – Unknown person/s poured hand sanitizer onto the paint of a vehicle, which sat parked in the area. Total loss: $50.00.
7. Theft, 1:10 to 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 600 block Integrity Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a package, which had been delivered to a residence. Total loss: $133.49.
8. Theft By Deception, 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 1100 block Wheatland Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s purported to be from Amazon and convinced the victim to send them $2,500.00.
9. Retail Theft, 5:17 p.m., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – An unknown black male attempted to steal an air fryer and vacuum from the store. Store employees stopped the male and retrieved the items from him. The male then fled in a white Nissan. Total loss: $488.00.
10. Theft, 3:15 to 5:15 p.m., Thursday, February 25, 2021, 800 block McGrann Boulevard (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a package, which had been delivered to a residence. Total loss: $76.72.