Daily News Release – Monday, August 19, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Noise Ordinance Violation Arrest, 9:21 p.m., Saturday, August 17, 2019, 605 Granite Run Drive – Stoner Grille (MT) – Eugene Michael Pelland, M/69, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he permitted music to be played at his business which could be heard over 1,000 feet away. A citation was filed.
2. Soliciting Arrests, Fruitville Pike at Chester Road (MT) – Elam S. King, M/67, homeless, was charged with two (2) counts of the above offense after he was observed soliciting money from passing motorists. The first offense occurred at 7:37 p.m., on Friday, August 16, 2019. The second offense occurred at 6:32 p.m., on Saturday, August 17, 2019. King has been warned and charged for the same offense on numerous occasions. Two (2) citations were filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 5:46 p.m., Friday, August 16, 2019, Wabank Road at Rabbit Hill Lane (LT) – Guy L. Strausbaugh, III, M/32, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a driver’s license infraction; he was a passenger inside the vehicle. Officers searched the vehicle which yielded marijuana and a glass smoking pipe. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Theft Arrest, 11:51 a.m., Saturday, August 17, 2019, Livingston Lane (LT) – Chazz M. Morris, M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, stole a cell phone from the victim. The value of the phone was $899.99. When questioned by police, Morris admitted to stealing the phone because the victim refused to give him a set of car keys. Morris refused to return the phone to the victim. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Theft, 5:02 p.m., Friday, August 16, 2019, 222 Eden Road – Eden Resort Inn (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a cell phone from the pool area. Total loss: $400.00.
2. Theft, 2:00 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, August 16, 2019, 1400 block Manor House Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a Cannondale bicycle from in front of the victim’s residence. Total loss: $400.00.
3. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 7:45 to 8:30 a.m., Saturday, August 17, 2019, 401 Granite Run Drive – I AM FITNESS (MT) – Unknown person/s smashed out the windows of two (2) vehicles to gain entry. Once inside, two (2) purses and their contents were taken. Total loss: $900.00.
4. Indecent Exposure, 7:11 p.m., Saturday, August 17, 2019, 400 block Elmshire Drive (LT) – An unknown black male teenager was observed skateboarding with his genitals exposed. Officers checked the area but the male was gone on arrival.
5. Criminal Mischief, 9:45 p.m., Saturday, August 17, 2019, 1589 Fruitville Pike – Target (MT) – An unknown white male entered the Starbucks portion of the store, walked behind the counter of the employee section, and urinated into a sink and onto several boxes of merchandise. Total loss: $200.00. Investigation continues.
6. Criminal Mischief, 11:43 p.m., Sunday, August 18, 2019, 1600 block Colchester Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s threw an unknown object through a window of a residence. Total loss: $200.00.
7. Theft, August 18 to 19, 2019, 300 block Atkins Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a hammock from the front porch of a residence. Total loss: $25.00.