Daily News Release - Monday 8/12/2019
Daily News Release – Monday, August 12, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 5:31 p.m., Friday, August 2, 2019, New Holland Avenue at Pleasure Road (MT) – Charles J. Smith, M/27, of Millersville, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Smith was identified as one of the drivers in that crash and during the course of the investigation was found to be in possession of marijuana. Smith was not under the influence of the controlled substance at the time of the crash. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 9:37 a.m., Sunday, August 11, 2019, 1492 Lititz Pike – Clarion Inn & Suites (MT) – Mark J. Fisher, M/55, of Schenectady, NY, was charged with the above offense after he was heard yelling from his room. Fisher’s yelling was so loud that it disturbed other guests of the hotel. A citation was issued.
3. Harassment Arrest, 2:27 p.m., Friday, August 9, 2019, 600 block Janet Avenue (MT) – Zyara A. Martinez, F/25, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Martinez slapped the victim in the face. A citation was issued.
4. Harassment Arrest, 11:51 p.m., Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Gerald L. Clark, M/49, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a disturbance at his residence. During the altercation, Clark struck another person in the head area with his fist. A citation was filed.
5. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 1300 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Daniel Rivera, M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed yelling and lunging at another person in a violent manner which alarmed other people in the area. A citation was filed.
6. Soliciting Arrest, 11:11 a.m., Saturday, August 10, 2019, Chester Road at Fruitville Pike (MT) – Elam S. King, M/67, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was observed soliciting money from passing motorists. King has been warned and charged for the same offense on numerous occasions. A citation was issued.
7. Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 4:09 p.m., Sunday, July 14, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Christopher John White, M/48, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after officers were called to check on him after falling alongside the roadway. Upon arrival, officers found White under the influence of heroin in a public location. Officers searched White and located heroin, one (1) hypodermic needle, and four (4) glassine baggies. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Theft / Criminal Mischief / Criminal Trespass Arrest, 2:58 a.m., Thursday, July 18, 2019, 900 block New Holland Pike (MT) – Michael Anthony Dukeman, M/23, and Erika E. Dukeman, F/25, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offenses after they were observed entering the maintenance area of an apartment complex, an area not open to the public. Once inside, both took keys that locked laundry machines located in the complex. The laundry machines were checked the following morning and fourteen (14) found to be empty, totaling a loss of $200.00. Two (2) additional machines had damaged money receptacles, totaling a loss of $400.00. A criminal complaint was filed against each party.
9. Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 11:24 a.m., Tuesday, August 6, 2019, 1300 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Kellie Nichole Nichols, F/22, of Reading, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a driver’s license infraction. Officers searched Nichols’ vehicle which yielded heroin, two (2) cut straws, one (1) empty THC container, and eight (8) glassine baggies. A criminal complaint was filed.
10. Forgery / Pharmacy Act Violation Arrest, 1:50 p.m., Sunday, August 4, 2019, 1507 Lititz Pike – CVS Pharmacy (MT) – Sherell Patrice Gentry, F/24, of Chicago, IL, was charged with the above offenses after she produced and uttered two (2) fraudulent prescriptions at the pharmacy. Gentry later returned to the store to retrieve the controlled substances and was arrested by police. She was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
11. Indirect Criminal Contempt (Protection From Abuse Order Violation) Arrest, July 6, 2019 to August 9, 2019, 4400 block Crossings Boulevard (MT) – Joshua M. Kirchner, M/35, of Elizabethtown, PA, was charged with the above offense after he made contact with a protected person on numerous occasions during the time period listed. He was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
12. DUI Arrest, 12:59 a.m., Saturday, August 10, 2019, 100 block School House Road (LT) – Robert James Wissler, M/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed driving to the driveway of his residence. Police were already in the driveway as they had been called to Wissler’s residence for an unrelated matter. Wissler exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages. Wissler was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.114%. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Criminal Mischief, 7:30 p.m., Thursday, August 8, 2019, 400 block Belair Drive (MT) – Three (3) to four (4) unknown white male juveniles went onto the porch of the victim and broke two (2) flood lightbulbs. Total loss: $10.00.
2. Theft, August 7 to 8, 2019, 1300 block East King Street (LT) – Unknown person/s stole the victim’s debit card and later used it to make a series of fraudulent purchases. Total loss unknown. Investigation continues.
3. Theft By Deception, April to August 9, 2019, 400 block Biscayne Road (MT) – An unknown person claiming to be from “Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes” scammed the victim out of $130,100.78 over the timeframe listed above. Investigation continues.
4. Criminal Mischief, August 9 to 10, 2019, 900 block North Queen Street (MT) – Unknown person/s slashed four (4) tires on a vehicle which sat parked overnight. Total loss: $700.00.
5. Criminal Mischief, 9:00 to 11:15 p.m., Saturday, August 10, 2019, 1500 block Crescent Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s smashed out the back window of a vehicle parked in the area. Total loss: $350.00.
6. Burglary, 5:46 a.m., Sunday, August 11, 2019, 1384 Columbia Avenue – Subway (LT) – Unknown person/s entered the business and stole $150.00 in cash. Investigation continues.
7. Thefts From Motor Vehicle, August 10 to 11, 2019 (LT) – During the overnight hours of August 10 to 11, 2019, unknown person/s entered five (5) vehicles in various locations in Lancaster Township. In all, four (4) of the five (5) vehicles were unlocked. A backpack, $20.00 in cash, and a Glock 22 pistol were all taken. Total loss: $470.00. The location locations were targeted:
- 1100 block Hamilton Park Drive
- 1200 block Spencer Avenue
- 1200 block Atkins Avenue
- 1100 block Spring Grove Avenue
- 1000 block Davis Drive
Residents are encouraged to lock their vehicles and secure their valuables in order to reduce these instances of crimes of opportunity.