Daily News Release – Monday, July 15, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Dog Law Violation Arrest, 4:30 p.m., Monday, July 8, 2019, 2700 block Graystone Road (EP) – A 15-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offense after they failed to keep their dog upon their property. The dog was seen running at large. The juvenile and his family have been warned and cited for the same offense in the past. A citation was filed.
2. Theft / Criminal Conspiracy to Commit Theft Arrest, 5:30 p.m., Friday, July 12, 2019, 1500 block Fruitville Pike – A 13-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, and a 15-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, were both charged with the above offenses after they conspired to steal a vehicle from a residence. Both juveniles stole a GMC Envoy and drove it to a location in Lancaster City where it was later recovered. No damage was sustained to the vehicle and it was returned to its owner. A juvenile allegation was filed against each party with Juvenile Probation.
3. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 7:14 p.m., Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 1246 Millersville Pike – Regal Cinema (LT) – Josiah M. Hoover, M/34, of Landisville, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed unconscious inside his vehicle. Hoover was roused and determined to be heavily under the influence of alcohol. A citation was issued.
4. Indirect Criminal Contempt Arrest, 6:30 p.m., Friday, July 12, 2019, Park Lane (LT) – Vicente Roman-Aguilar, M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he had direct contact with a protected person. Roman-Aguilar fled the area prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Roman-Aguilar remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Roman-Aguilar should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
5. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:53 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Austin Frazier Blessing, M/28, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $76.27 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:49 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Ashley L. Burns, F/30, of Leola, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $8.95 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was filed.
7. Retail Theft / Possession of Heroin / Possession of Methamphetamine / Possession of Suboxone / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:05 p.m., Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 1643 Manheim Pike – Weis Markets (MT) – David Bruce Althouse, M/40, homeless, was charged with the above offense following the service of a felony warrant at the store. Officers were aware that Althouse was at the store and wanted on felony charges through Lancaster City. Officers located Althouse and took him into custody on the warrant, without incident. During a search incident to arrest he was found in possession of Heroin, Methamphetamine, Suboxone, and $11.33 worth of merchandise he had stolen from the store. He was turned over to the Lancaster City Police on the outstanding warrant and a criminal complaint was filed for the above offenses.
8. Retail Theft Arrest, 11:12 a.m., Sunday, June 23, 2019, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Jose David Valentin-Medina, M/42, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $350.34 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed as Valentin-Medina was already incarcerated at the Lancaster County Prison on unrelated charges.
9. Strangulation / Endangering Welfare of Children / Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 2:51 p.m., Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 1900 block Geraldson Drive (MT) – Mensa Ocquaye Nortey, M/39, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Nortey threw the victim off the couch and onto the floor. Nortey then held the victim down by placing one (1) hand on the victim’s chest and applying his weigh to the chest. After a brief pause, Nortey then pushed the victim to the ground a second time and pushed his shoulder into the victim’s chest to hold the victim down. Nortey also slapped the victim in the face. The victim was able to break free from Nortey, who then placed the victim in a rear chokehold, which caused the victim to be unable to breathe and nearly lose consciousness. During the altercation the victim also sustained a cut to the upper lip. Nortey fled the residence prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Nortey should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
1. Identity Theft, June 13 to July 2, 2019, 600 block Valley Road (MT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s identity and opened a utility account in their name. Total loss: $474.00. Investigation continues.
2. Theft of Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories, July 10 to 12, 2019, 400 block Ruth Ridge Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole two (2) lug nut covers from a vehicle which sat parked overnight. Total loss: $35.00.
3. Forgery, 7:26 p.m., Monday, July 8, 2019, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – An unknown black female entered the pharmacy and presented two (2) fraudulent prescriptions to obtain controlled substances. Investigation continues.
4. Forgery, July 10 to 11, 2019, 2343 Oregon Pike – People’s Bank (MT) – An unknown male and unknown female attempted to pass two (2) fraudulent checks at the bank. The bank refused to cash the checks and the pair fled. Investigation continues.
5. Theft, July 12 to 13, 2019, 500 block Pleasure Road (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a black Huffy Nighthawk bicycle from a front porch. Total loss: $118.00.
6. Criminal Mischief, July 12 to 13, 2019, 100 block River Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s threw a rock at the window of a residence, causing it to shatter. Total loss: $750.00.
7. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 2:30 to 3:56 p.m., Saturday, July 13, 2019, 500 block Kensington Terrace (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole $5.00 in change.
8. Theft of Services, July 10 to 14, 2019, 600 block Cobblestone Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s dumped trash into a dumpster not owned/leased by them. Total loss unknown.