Daily News Release - Monday 5/7/2018
Daily News Release – Monday, May 07, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 11:46 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, Fruitville Pike at Granite Run Drive (MT) – Edwin D. Monserrat-Vega, M/30, of Fredericksburg, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Monserrat-Vega punched the victim in the face while they were driving. The vehicle then stopped and Monserrat-Vega exiting the vehicle and caused a disturbance. He was under the influence at the time of the disturbance. Two (2) citations were issued.
2. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 5:48 p.m., Friday, May 4, 2018, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Brennan C. Scott, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after causing a disturbance inside the store when the ATM failed to return his debit card. Scott screamed at bank employees and other customers inside the store, using profane language. A citation was filed.
3. Harassment Arrest, 3:25 a.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, West Liberty Street (MT) – Keith R. McFalls, M/37, of York, PA, was charged with the above offense after he shoved and grabbed another person during an argument. A citation was filed.
4. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 2:25 a.m., Thursday, May 3, 2018, Michelle Drive (LT) – Tek Adhikari, M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic disturbance at his residence. During the altercation, Adhikari was yelling in his apartment and common hallway of the apartment complex. A citation was filed.
5. Harassment Arrest, 5:44 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, 800 block Pleasure Road (MT) – Kiseen I. Brown, M/22, of Mount Joy, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Brown pushed the victim onto a bed and placed his knees onto her chest. A citation was filed.
6. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 7:14 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Joseph P. Dolderer, M/52, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was found intoxicated in front of the store and yelling at customers. A citation was filed.
7. Harassment Arrest, 2:15 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 115 Blue Streak Boulevard – Manheim Township High School (MT) – A 16-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offense after they punched another student in the face. A citation was filed.
8. Harassment Arrests, 2:17 a.m., Thursday, April 26, 2018, 900 block Edgewood Avenue (LT) – Kristina M. Garcia, F/30, and Reimond R. Garcia, M/50, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at their residence. During the altercation, Kristina grabbed Reimond’s shirt and scratched his neck, causing minor injury. Reimond struck Kristina in the head with a “frying pan” or similar object after pushing her to the ground. A citation was filed against each party.
9. Dog Law Arrest, 7:08 p.m., Sunday, April 22, 2018, 1000 block Clark Street (LT) – Tara L. Bell, F/43, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she failed to keep her two (2) dogs confined to her property. Bell had previously been warned for the same offense. A citation was filed.
10. Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse With a Child / Indecent Assault / Unlawful Contact With a Minor / Corruption of Minors Arrest, March of 2017 to April 2018, 6000 block of Geneva Drive (EP) – John R. Simson, M/65, of East Petersburg, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a lengthy investigation by detectives. A 9-year-old child disclosed that Simson had touched her “private parts” to a mandated reporter. Upon investigation into the complaint, detectives determined the following occurred between the dates listed above:
- Simson performed oral sex on the victim.
- Simson touched the victim’s chest, vagina, and used their hand to touch his erect penis for the purpose of arousing sexual desire.
- Simson was intentionally in contact with the victim for the purpose of engaging in the above two offenses.
- Simson corrupted the morals of the victim by initiating sexual contact with her.
Simson was interviewed by detectives and admitted his involvement with this incident. He was arrested, processed, arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Brian Chudzik, and released from custody after posting $50,000.00 bail.
11. DUI Arrest, 1:50 a.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, 1400 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Regina Marie Degaetano, F/38, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop. Degaetano exhibited signs of impairment and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.089%. A criminal complaint was filed.
12. DUI Arrest, 10:05 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, York Road at Route 30 West (MT) – Daniel Scott Corcoran, M/30, of Columbia, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop. Corcoran exhibited signs of impairment and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.243%. A criminal complaint was filed.
13. Endangering the Welfare of Children / Recklessly Endangering Another Person Arrest, 8:00 p.m., Sunday, May 6, 2018, 100 block Warren Way (MT) – Justin D. Troup, M/30, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a report of a shotgun being fired inside of a residence. Officers determined that Troup was attempting to unload a Mossberg 12-gauge pump action shotgun, owned by him. Troup did so after consuming alcoholic beverages. While attempting to unload the weapon, the shotgun fired, discharging one slug round into the home. The slug struck a crib, a bookcase, and then entered the wall. No persons were hit; however, Troup’s 4-year-old child was lying next to him when the weapon fired. Troup was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
14. Simple Assault Arrest, 3:40 a.m., Sunday, May 6, 2018, 200 block Kentshire Drive (LT) – Conway P. Jeffers, III, M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Jeffers struck, pushed, grabbed, and bit the victim, causing injury. Jeffers then fled prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Jeffers remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Jeffers should call the Manheim Township Police Department or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit A Tip.”
15. Indecent Assault / Retail Theft Arrest, 1:21 p.m., Saturday, May 5, 2018, 1262 Lititz Pike – Walgreen’s Pharmacy (MT) – Israel Dean Kauffman, M/39, homeless, was charged with the above offenses after he grabbed the buttocks of a female customer and stated “oh, you’re cute.” Kauffman did not know the victim and she did not consent to the physical contact. Kauffman was arrested by police and during a search incident to arrest, was found in possession of a stolen item from the store. Kauffman was taken to Central Arraignment.
16. Retail Theft / Theft By Deception Arrest, 12:49 p.m., Thursday, May 3, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Sharee L. Horn, F/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she stole $254.13 worth of merchandise from the store. While inside the store, Horn also retrieved several items from the shelves and “returned” them in order to obtain two (2) gift cards with a total value of $97.53. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft By Deception, 8:00 p.m., Thursday, May 3, 2018, 2600 block Northfield Drive (EP) – Victim paid $1,600.00 to a fraudulent Apple Tech Support she found on the internet.
2. Selective Enforcement Detail, 10:55 a.m., Friday, May 4, 2018, 1500 block Fruitville Pike – Shoppes at Belmont (MT) – Officers performed a traffic detail targeting equipment violations and seatbelt usage. Five (5) citations and three (3) warnings issued.
3. Recovered Stolen Vehicle, 12:35 p.m., Friday, May 4, 2018 – A gold 2017 Ford F150 pickup truck previously stolen from the 800 block of Martha Avenue (MT) in November 2017 was recovered by Lancaster City Police, in the 100 block of Crystal Street in Lancaster City.