Daily News Release – Monday, March 30, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment Arrest, 4:56 p.m., Saturday, March 28, 2020, Thresher Court (MT) – Chrysty L. Wheeling, F/30, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Wheeling shoved another person causing them to fall to the ground. A citation was filed.
2. Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 3:52 p.m., Thursday, March 19, 2020, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Kenneth Lee Ingram, M/54, of Manheim, PA, was charged with the above offenses after store associates observed him with a hypodermic needle, which fell out of his pocket and onto the floor. Officers intercepted Ingram, who admitted to heroin usage. Officers took Ingram into physical custody and during a search incident to arrest found him in possession of fifteen (15) glassine baggies of heroin and one (1) additional hypodermic needle. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Harassment Arrest, 1:30 a.m., Sunday March 29, 2020, 1000 block Grofftown Road (LT) – Deon L. Westbrook, M/29, of Steelton, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Westbrook shoved and slapped another person. A citation was filed.
4. DUI / Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 7:31 p.m., Sunday, March 29, 2020, Route 30 East at New Holland Pike (MT) – Jesse L. Lewis, M/24, of Quarryville, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a crash investigation. Lewis was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Lewis was taken into physical custody for DUI and during a search incident to arrest was found in possession of nine (9) glassine baggies of heroin, a metal spoon, a cotton swab, and a cotton ball. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Retail Theft Arrest, 10:45 a.m., Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Miranda Dawn Schurz, F/50, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $722.69 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrest, 11:43 p.m., Sunday, February 16, 2020, 1699 Oregon Pike – Sheetz (MT) – Titaunia M. Bent, F/18, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing a bottle of wine, valued at $9.99. A citation was filed.
1. Vehicle Theft, March 26 to 27, 2020, 1700 block Wilderness Road (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a silver 2016 Toyota RAV4 SUV while it sat parked overnight. The vehicle was locked, but a spare key for the vehicle was left in another vehicle, which was left unlocked. Total loss: $16,000.00. The vehicle was later located on Sunday, intact, and on a nearby street.
2. Vehicle Theft, 6:50 a.m., Friday, March 27, 2020, 1543 Oregon Pike – Jack Williams Tire & Auto (MT) – An unknown white male stole a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze after he convinced the manager that he needed the vehicle for a family emergency. Total loss: $9,000.00. The vehicle was later located in Clay Township.
3. Vehicle Theft, 4:14 a.m., Saturday, March 28, 2020, 200 block Kentshire Drive (LT) – Two (2) unknown black males stole a 2019 Volkswagen Jetta as it sat parked in its driveway overnight. The incident was captured on a home surveillance system. Total loss: $19,000.00.
4. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 12:40 a.m. to 1:10 p.m., Saturday, March 28, 2020, 300 block Voltaire Boulevard (LT) – Unknown person/s entered two (2) unlocked vehicles and stole cash. Total loss: $375.00.
5. Theft From Motor Vehicle, March 27 to 28, 2020, 300 block Pennshire Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s entered a vehicle which sat parked overnight and stole a wallet and contents. Total loss: $73.50.
6. Criminal Mischief, March 28 to 29, 2020, East Side Lancaster Township – During the overnight hours, unknown person/s slashed the tires of numerous vehicles which sat parked in the area. In total, twenty-four (24) vehicles were damaged, resulting in $5,405.00 in loss. The targeted areas included:
- Cottage Avenue
- 1100 block Jamaica Road
- 100 block Riverside Avenue
- 1100 block East Orange Street
7. Vehicle Theft, March 28 to 29, 2020, Clarendon Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a white 2007 Honda Accord as it sat parked overnight. The vehicle was locked but the valet key was left inside. Total loss: $6,000.00. The vehicle was later located in the early morning hours of Monday, 3/30/2020. The vehicle was intact and parked a short distance away from where it was stolen.
8. Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property, 12:09 p.m., Sunday, March 29, 2020, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – An unknown male customer stole $80.00 from a cash register after the previous customer withdrew the money as cash back, but forgot to retrieve the money from the dispenser.
9. Theft From Motor Vehicle, March 24 to 29, 2020, 300 block Dickens Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole sunglasses and change. Total loss: $203.00.