Daily News Release - Monday 3/12/2018
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 4:16 p.m., Friday, March 9, 2018, Lititz Pike at Pleasure Road (MT) – Clifton Demont Hall, M/43, of Georgetown, DE, was charged with the above offense after he appeared intoxicated on a public bus. Hall urinated on the bus in front of others. A citation was issued.
2. Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 11:00 p.m., Friday, March 6, 2018, 400 block Lefever Avenue (LT) – David Kyle Jenks, M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Jenks was intoxicated and struck multiple family members resulting in a bloody nose to victim #1, bruising and swelling to victim #2, and unwanted physical contact to victim #3. He was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
3. Retail Theft Arrest, 4:54 p.m., Saturday, March 10, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Robert Brown, M/24, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $49.97 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was issued.
4. Burglary Arrest, 6:00 a.m., Friday, November 13, 2015, Ridgewood Road (LT) – Geoffrey Opio, Jr., M.21, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a lengthy burglary investigation. In November 2015, Opio entered a garage via an opened overhead garage door. Once inside he consumed a drink from the victim’s garage, rummaged through the victim’s vehicle, and attempted to steal a bicycle when he was confronted by the homeowner and fled. Using a DNA sample obtained from the drink container, Opio was positively identified as the person who committed this burglary. A criminal complaint was filed and a warrant for his arrest obtained. Opio remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing Opio’s whereabouts should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit A Tip.”
5. Possession of Firearm with Altered Manufacturer’s Number / Firearms Not To Be Carried Without a License / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 4:22 a.m., Sunday, March 11, 2018, 1000 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Gabriel C. Curbelo-Pagan, M/22, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop. Officers searched Curbelo-Pagan’s vehicle which yielded the following:
a) A loaded Pavona Witness PC 9mm pistol, whose serial number had been altered to the degree that it was unreadable.
b) 16.9g of marijuana
c) A marijuana grinder and three (3) corner-tied plastic bags containing marijuana.
Upon further investigation, it was determined that Curbelo-Pagan did not have a valid license to carry a firearm. He was arrested and taken to Central Arraignment.
6. Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse / Statutory Sexual Assault / Unlawful Contact With a Minor / Corruption of Minors / Indecent Assault Arrest, May 6 to December 2017, 1000 block Grofftown Road (LT) – Alexander Kenneth Kling, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a lengthy investigation into unlawful sexual contact with a minor. Over the course of time listed above, Kling engaged in a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old female which included the following:
a) Kling performed oral sexual intercourse and anal sexual intercourse repeatedly with the victim.
b) Kling had vaginal sexual intercourse repeatedly with the victim.
c) Kling intentionally had contact with the minor for the purpose of engaging in a sexual relationship and did repeatedly engage in vaginal, oral and anal intercourse with the victim.
d) Kling enticed and encouraged a minor perform sexual acts with him and aided and provided the child to obtain marijuana and alcohol.
e) Kling intentionally caused the victim to come into contact with seminal fluid for the purpose of arousing sexual desire numerous times.
Kling was interviewed by police and admitted to engaging in the above acts with a minor that he admittedly knew was underage. Kling was arrested and arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Jene Wilworth. Bail was set at $75,000.00 which Kling could not post and he was remanded to the Lancaster County Prison
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Retail Theft, 12:15 p.m., Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – An unknown Hispanic male was observed stealing $64.64 worth of merchandise before fleeing the store. Investigation continues.
2. Retail Theft, 2:12 p.m., Sunday, February 18, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Two (2) unknown Hispanic males were observed stealing $238.00 worth of merchandise before fleeing the store. Investigation continues.
3. Retail Theft, 8:24 a.m., Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – An unknown Hispanic male was observed attempting to steal a television valued at $125.00. The television never left the store. Investigation continues.
4. Theft, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 10, 2018, 407 Granite Run Drive – Bounce Kraze (MT) – Theft of a jacket. Total loss: $50.00.
5. Theft, 6:40-7:00 p.m., Sunday, March 11, 2018, 1300 Lititz Pike – LA Fitness (MT) – Two (2) lockers at the gym were forcefully entered and their contents stolen. Total loss: $166.00.
6. Theft From Motor Vehicle, March 10-11, 2018, 100 block Westmore Way (LT) – Unlocked vehicle. Total loss: $32.00.