Daily News Release - Monday 2/18/2019
Daily News Release – Monday, February 18, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 8:08 p.m., Saturday, November 3, 2018, 1051 Landis Valley Road – Calvary Church (MT) – A 14-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offense after they began pulling on various exterior doors of the church before discovering an unlocked door. The juvenile then entered the building and was observed riding a bicycle inside until observed by an adult. The juvenile fled when confronted but was later identified. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 8:22 p.m., Monday, February 11, 2019, 900 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Jaga Nath Chapagain, M/28, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed under the influence of K2 and unconscious behind the wheel of a vehicle. Chapagain’s actions alarmed others in the area who called 9-1-1. A citation was filed.
3. Possession of Crack Cocaine / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 2:41 p.m., Monday, October 29, 2018, 900 block North Queen Street (MT) – Neil Frank Posillico, Jr., M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a report of a domestic dispute in a vehicle. Officers located Poscillico and another person inside Poscillio’s vehicle. Poscillio exhibited signs of intoxication and admitted to using crack cocaine. Officers searched Poscillio’s vehicle which yielded crack cocaine, marijuana, three (3) glass smoking pipes, metal cleaning pads, and metal screening. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:00 p.m., Saturday, February 16, 2019, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Corey E. McCann, M/22, of Columbia, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $5.95 worth of merchandise. A citation was filed.
5. Retail Theft / Harassment Arrest, 9:35 p.m., Sunday, February 17, 2019, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – A 15-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offense after they were observed stealing $17.64 worth of merchandise from the store. The juvenile also shoved a Walmart employee when confronted about stealing. Two citations were filed.
6. DUI Arrest, 8:48 p.m., Saturday, February 16, 2019, Lititz Pike at Marshall Avenue (MT) – Tyree Lamar Paul, M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a red-light violation. Paul exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing was refused. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. DUI Arrest, 5:52 p.m., Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 1100 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Paul Raymond Maxwell, M/64, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Maxwell was identified as a driver in the crash and exhibited signs of impairment. He was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.228%. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Theft, November 17, 2018 to February 13, 2019, 1501 Manheim Pike – Turkey Hill (MT) – Everett Charles Domalewski, M/43, of Manheim, PA, was charged with the above offense following an investigation into employee theft. Domalewski, an employee of the store at the time continually voided legitimate transactions and retained the payment from the customer. Total loss: $4,704.62. Domalewski was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
9. Strangulation / Harassment Arrest, 11:41 p.m., Sunday, February 17, 2019, 900 block Green Terrace (MT) – Edward Michael Sawyer, M/39, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Sawyer held both of his hands around the neck of the victim and applied pressure. This action caused the victim to lose consciousness and later wake up on the floor. When the victim attempted to stand, Sawyer again placed his hands around the throat of the victim. During the scuffle, the victim also sustained a scrape to their knee. Sawyer was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
10. Terroristic Threats / Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 7:58 p.m., Sunday, February 17, 2019, 1100 block Edgemoor Court (MT) – May Ly, M/47, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Ly struck the victim multiple times on both arms with an open hand. The victim fled and Ly chased after the victim. Ly obtained a meat cleaver and continued to chase the victim, wielding it in a physically aggressive manner, and shouting that he intended to kill the victim. Ly then turned his attention toward another victim in the home, approached that victim still wielding the weapon, and put the victim in imminent fear of serious bodily injury. He was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, January 16 to February 14, 2019, 1100 block North Bristol Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole jewelry from a residence. Total loss: $1,799.00.
2. Retail Theft, 8:41 p.m., Thursday, February 14, 2019, 2363 Oregon Pike – CVS Pharmacy (MT) – An unknown male removed a shopping basket full of items from the store without paying for them. Total loss yet to be determined. Investigation continues.
3. Theft From Motor Vehicle, February 14-15, 2019, Kensington Club Apartment Complex (LT) – Unknown person/s entered multiple vehicles during the overnight hours. A total of 4 vehicles were entered resulting in a loss of $550.00. Three (3) of the vehicles were unlocked. The following streets were targeted:
- 600 block Wyncroft Lane
- 500 block Kensington Terrace
- 700 block Kensington Terrace
4. Criminal Mischief, February 14-15, 2019, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s shot out multiple windows of two (2) residences during the overnight hours. Total loss: $1,980.00.
5. Theft From Motor Vehicle, February 15-16, 2019, Haskell Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a purse and contents. Total loss: $110.00.
6. Burglary, 10:15-11:19 p.m., Sunday, February 17, 2019, 248 Granite Run Drive – CPRS Physical Therapy (MT) – Unknown actor/s forced entry into this business via a rear door. Once inside, the actor/s smashed multiple walls adjacent to T-Mobile, the business housed next door, in an attempt to break into that business. No items taken from CPRS, however, the actor/s caused approximately $10,000 in damage to the walls. Entry was eventually made into the T-Mobile store. Investigation continues.