Daily News Release – Monday, December 17, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 6:05 p.m., Sunday, December 16, 2018, 1000 Christopher Place – Miller’s Ale House (MT) – John E. Estep, M/51, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed laying on the floor of the restaurant. Estep had also urinated himself and was unable to walk without assistance due to his high level of alcohol intoxication. A citation was filed.
2. Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle / DUI / Alcohol Restriction / Underage Drinking Arrest, 5:28 a.m., Sunday, December 16, 2018, 900 block Skyline Drive (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offenses following a crash investigation. Officers determined that a vehicle, operated by the 17-year-old juvenile, had struck a parked vehicle. Officers also determined that the juvenile was using a vehicle owned by another person, who was unaware the vehicle was being used and did not permit the juvenile to operate it. The juvenile also exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to drinking alcohol. The juvenile was taken into physical custody and during a search incident to arrest was found in possession of an open alcoholic beverage container. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.099%. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
3. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 3:39 p.m., Friday, December 14, 2018, York Road at Oregon Pike (MT) – Brandon A. Bowers, M/24, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for window tinting. Officers searched Bowers’ vehicle which yielded a glass smoking device and an empty glassine baggie with cocaine residue upon it. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Harassment Arrest, 12:58 a.m., Sunday, December 16, 2018, 100 block East Roseville Road (MT) – Ehab M. Mekhail, M/52, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Mekhail slapped and punched the victim in the face. The victim sustained a bloody nose and redness on the face. A citation was filed.
5. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 3:07 p.m., Friday, December 14, 2018, 1262 Lititz Pike – Walgreen’s (MT) – Michael P. Silevinac, M/43, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was found unconscious in the parking lot of the pharmacy. Officers determined that Silevinac had been “huffing” the contents of an electronics duster. A citation was issued.
6. DUI Arrest, 2:31 a.m., Saturday, December 15, 2018, 2600 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Abraham Morant, Jr., M/44, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for speeding. Morant exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.165%. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. Receiving Stolen Property Arrest, 3:07 p.m., Sunday, September 23, 2018, 1400 block Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Antoine Lamar Worthy, M/30, of Mount Joy, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for operating a vehicle with a stolen registration plate. When questioned by police, Worthy admitted to taking the registration plate without permission. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Burglary / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 2:27 a.m., Sunday, December 16, 2018, 2100 block Oregon Pike (MT) – Nicholas Lee Miller, M/29, of Reading, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he forced entry into the residence of a person not known to him. Once inside, the homeowner confronted Miller, who fled the residence. Officers located Miller nearby and found him heavily intoxicated. He was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
9. Theft By Deception Arrest, 12:39 p.m., Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – Shariney M. Gonzalez, F/28, of Reading, PA, was charged with the above offense after she used twenty-five (25) fraudulent coupons to purchase $261.32 worth of merchandise. The store later determined that the coupons presented had been altered. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Criminal Mischief, 1:00-2:00 a.m., Friday, December 14, 2018, 1600 block Judie Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s slashed a tire of a vehicle parked in the area. Total loss: $140.00.
2. Theft From Motor Vehicle, November 22-30, 2018, Baron Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a handicapped parking placard and prescription medication. Total loss: $26.00.
3. Vehicle Theft, 12:04 p.m., Saturday, December 15, 2018, 100 block Fairview Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole an Audi S5 after the owner left it running and unlocked in a loading zone. The vehicle was later found in the parking lot of the Penn Cinema. The key fob to the vehicle was not returned. Total loss: $50.00. Investigation continues.
4. Retail Theft, 2:52 p.m., Thursday, December 13, 2018, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – An unknown Hispanic male stole six (6) bottles of liquid laundry detergent valued at $97.94. Investigation continues.
5. Theft of Service, 9:00 p.m., Saturday, December 15, 2018, 100 North Pointe Boulevard – Outback Steakhouse (MT) – Four (4) unknown males and one (1) unknown female failed to pay for food and drinks at the restaurant. Investigation continues.
6. Robbery, 3:28 a.m., Sunday, December 16, 2018, 400 block Haverhill Road (MT) – Approximately eight (8) males forced open the doors to a shed located in the backyard of a residence. The shed had been converted to a “clubhouse” for the owner’s son, which was occupied by the son and two (2) of his friends. Once inside, the males attacked the three victims using punches. The males then stole two (2) Xbox One’s valued at $400.00 and fled the area. Investigation continues.
7. Theft From Motor Vehicle, December 15-16, 2018, 100 block Maple Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a purse and contents. Total loss: $4,240.00.